What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
John Karanja 1
Favorite Book: The Cadence of Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-karanja-1.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by John Karanja 1 »

Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler. Marcel's success in life,and more so in Marathon races especially one in the Moroccan desert.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

Avi Shi wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 07:49 M.Curtis McCoy's "How to Be Successful" was the most recent book I read. I gave it a 3 out of 4 star rating. Reading it was quite energising. To be successful, I had to learn a lot of things. And it gave me so much things to learn.
This is the next book I plan to read. I have heard so many good things about it.
angelleaping
Favorite Author: Jodi Taylor
Currently Reading: Saving Time A Time Police Novel
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 29169

Post by angelleaping »

I love Jodi Taylor and the Chroniles of St. Mary's. She has a new series on The Time Police.
My last book is Saving Time. Its five stars.
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
2024 Reading Goal: 756
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Karlabchu »

Finished The witching hour by Anne Rice. The ending was awful. But the story of the Mayfair family was awesome till then. I want to know more about a bunch of characters so I'll read the sequels. 4/5
Nakanyike Deborah 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakanyike-deborah-1.html
Latest Review: Tales of the Seventies by David Done

Post by Nakanyike Deborah 1 »

Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw. It was a really good book. I loved it mainly for the fact it was a historical fiction book and it was a well written one portraying a lot of positivity and emotion filled with creativity and patience. Just loved it.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

The last book I read was Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R (Jim) Hardison. I gave it a 3 out of 4 stars rating.
kaylyn stacy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylyn-stacy.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by kaylyn stacy »

The last book I read was The Dark Web by Murders by Brian O'Hare. I had high hopes for this book. It had a very good rating on Goodreads. I was excited to read it! I loved the storyline. I ended up rating it a 2 out of 4 stars. I ended up not liking the book. I thought it was too wordy. The book just wasn't gripping to me. I am very frustrated in my review score. The editor told me my rating was too harsh for no errors. I don't rate off of errors. I rate off of how I liked the book, and sadly this one was not good to me. Sorry for venting. I am just upset. :? :(
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

The last book I read was Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and I loved it so much. I rated it a 4 out of 4.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

The last book by read was Lies of Locke Lamora which was simply perfect. It was mind-blowingly good and I gave it 4 out of 4 stars.
Julie Anna D
Currently Reading: The Vanishing Half
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-anna-d.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Julie Anna D »

The last book I read was Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Easily 4 out of 4 stars and is one of the best books I've ever read. My heart ached for the story's main character, Kya, but I was immensely inspired by her resilience.
Reading this book helped me to see that a life lived authentically and true to your nature transcends the earthly afflictions of pain and suffering. This wasn't only an extremely well-told story, it was a beautiful work of art.
Kanika Tandon
Currently Reading: Of winners and losers
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanika-tandon.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Kanika Tandon »

Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Its one of the funniest book I have ever read. A four star read hands down. I loved the humor and the especially the dialogs. Highly recommended.
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:

Post by Karlabchu »

Finished Eragon by Christopher Paolini. It was entertaining although full of cliches of the genre. I would recommend it if you have time to waste though, since is longer than your typical book. 4/5
Daniel-Davis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-davis.html
Latest Review: Grant's Wish by T.S. Pollard

Post by Daniel-Davis »

I read Cloth by Elizabeth Anderson. Instead of a main character, the story develops the entire family dynasty, over for generations. I enjoyed how detailed the author manifested the locations, clothing manufacture, and more
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:

Post by Karlabchu »

I read The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston. Often, when a title is related to a crime and the investigation about the case and the culprits, I don't like when the story in the book relate to other aspects or themes aside from the original plot like what happened in this book. But this time the subplot made me felt such indignation that I kept reading interested even if I knew the plot was turning very far from the original idea of this investigation. So that's a way of making your reader end your book, I guess. So kudos to the author. 4/5
doley
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doley.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by doley »

The last book I read was California: On the Edge of American History. It is a quite decent and educational book. I enjoyed reading it despite its length. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. It was well edited too. I saw no reason to rate t any lower than that. Great book. You should check it out.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”