What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Gabriella Malka Shraga
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by Gabriella Malka Shraga »

My most recent reads is The Girl Who Came Home, by Hazel Gaynor. I would give it a 4/5 because it is such a heartwarming story about a girl and a great-grandmother connecting with one another through the challenges they have faced in life. Also, the flashbacks set place during the Titanic.
Chinedu Nwakaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedu-nwakaji.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Chinedu Nwakaji »

The last book I read was Cynthia and Dan. It's an e-book centred around cyber war activities between terrorist organizations and social forces. I rate the book four out of four stars.
Chinedu Nwakaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedu-nwakaji.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Chinedu Nwakaji »

I really loved the book I read last. It was titled Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War. The book explains some of the activities of terrorist organizations and how they recruit their followers. I gave it a rating of four stars.
Heidi James 1
Currently Reading: Niching Up
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Heidi James 1 »

I am currently reading Stephen King IT. I am thoroughly enjoying it. 4/4
Comfort Ansah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort-ansah.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort Ansah »

Cynthia and Dan, Cyberwar by Dorothy May Mercer and I rated it 3 out of 4 stars
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

The last book I read was serendipity: Diary of a snoopy cat by R.F. Kirsti
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 756
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Karlabchu »

Book 69: Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. The narration is simple, but the book is long and full of ideas that are a bit dense and won't let you read quickly. So set aside a good time to read when you do. And reread when you have the opportunity, I will do so.
Outside of that, it's totally worth it. His racial denunciation is very important, but above all the author's ability to convey the frustration and awakening of his protagonist to the racist reality around him is revealing. And he goes much further and describes how the politics of such a situation are bent on maintaining it and making the most of it.
An excellent book that everyone should read at least once. 4/5
Taxel

Post by Taxel »

Last book I read was a romance novel and it wasn't very good if I am honest. It's How Sweet It Is by Dylan Newton. The premise was fun and I really got into the setting of the story, but it felt too surface level. It was a quick read without much drama, so that's good. I'd rate it a 3.5/5 :)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

See You Yesterday by Rachel Lynn Solomon. I rated it 4/5 stars due to the slow beginning.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ol Yinks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ol-yinks.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ol Yinks »

I just finished reading Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis. It was an educative book and I rated it 4 out of 4 stars
ComfortDrive

Post by ComfortDrive »

The secret book written by Rhonda Byrne it was a really good book it will change your whole perspective of your life.
Noor ul Ain 3
Currently Reading: FINAL ACT
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Noor ul Ain 3 »

I just finished reading Cartographers by Peng Shepherd. I loved the premise and actually liked the book until the end because it did not answer some of the plot topics I was unsure of. I have been thinking about it since, and I am unable to come to a satisfactory answer so I gave it 3/5 stars.
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 756
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Karlabchu »

Book 70: Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. A book too long for the story it tells. It would have been perfectly fine at 300 pages or less. The language is simple, but there are so many redundancies and repetitions that they get tiresome and don't let you read in one sitting, as I would have preferred.
The premise is good and, surely, the most attractive part of the book. Bringing your favorite characters from the books into the real world doesn't sound bad. (Of course, as long as your favorites aren't the villains like mine.) Unfortunately, this premise falls short of expectations and, near the end, ends up being incongruous with the final outcome. ||(Because the author conveniently forgot to note that not only did you bring characters or objects into the real world, but they also blindly obeyed your commands as long as you continued reading. Which hadn't happened with any previously brought characters, but just worked with the last one no problem. Look at that.)||
Anyway, I think there are better children's books that you could recommend to the little ones. I would leave this one for when you run out of good options. 3/5
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The eSmith Eye Story by GranRan .I gave it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The story's plot is interesting and the characters were well developed. It's the story of what eSmith (Fox) and his friend had to do to set free a beautiful foxy fox he saw at a poker house. The story is interesting and I enjoyed reading it.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85625
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1320%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Final notice
By. Van Fleischer

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”