What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Poojitha_panchadarla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poojitha-panchadarla.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by Poojitha_panchadarla »

The last book I read was Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner. I gave it a 4 out of 4 stars for its distinctive and prominent storyline.
Debra Crawford
Favorite Book: This Girl
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Debra Crawford »

sunshayn wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 19:06 Rereading SLAMMED by Colleen Hoover and I'd still give it 4 out of 4 stars! This is romance and poetry in one. Great storyline too!
Same! I just finished the 3-books in this series and loved them all!
Debra Crawford
Favorite Book: This Girl
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Debra Crawford »

I recently finished Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars.
This book was full of drama, loss, love... I loved how the story jumped between two difference times, eventually coming together and tieing up the story line.
Luna 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luna-24.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Luna 24 »

The recent book I finished was 'Last Dance' by Stephen Manning. It had been an emotional ride towards the end. I give it a 3 out of 4 star rating.
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

Just finished Liner by Chris Coppel. The story was interesting. I rated it 3 out of 4.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
CoolReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coolreads.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by CoolReads »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading A Man With One of Those Faces, which is about Paul, an ordinary and unassuming man who works at a hospice. One day, an octogenarian at the hospice attempts to murder Paul. Paul survives but soon there are multiple attempts on his life. Why is Paul being targeted and who is behind this attacks?

The author Caimh McDonnell has filled every page of the book with humour, and there are many memorable characters. The book was thoroughly entertaining, thus I have rated it 5 out of 5 stars. This is book # 1 of The Dublin Trilogy and I will be on the lookout for the book installment of this series. I recommend this book to those who enjoy crime thriller with a heavy dose of humour.
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Elon Gathungu »

The Fox by M. N. J. Butler.
I loved the story. I think it's an underrated history fiction. I gave it a 4 out of 4.
Ingrid Sanchez
Currently Reading: Ines Del Alma Mia
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ingrid-sanchez.html
Latest Review: Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero
Reading Device: B08L6YSCDF

Post by Ingrid Sanchez »

The last book I read was Seeing (2004) by José Saramago. I dived into it without knowing that it was the sequel to Blindness (1995) from the same author. I have always loved Saramago's writing and thinking style. I believe he used to translate his thoughts into physical words without changing much of them. I really enjoyed Blindness years ago, it trapped me and I never forgot such an intense story. I was surprised to find the fate of the main characters narrated in Seeing, and as I said, it was totally unexpected for me, as I didn't research anything prior to commencing this book. I would describe it as another of Saramago's masterpieces, as it combines a deep and thoughtful approach to how humans (individually) and society (as a whole) think, with the detailed description of our most mundane and irrational activities. I recommend this book, and any of Saramago's, for those who love questioning themselves and the Universe we live in. Brilliant.
Muluh Diana
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Muluh Diana »

10 spiritual little nuggets on business by Irene Jones 5/5
It good for people who need spiritual guide in a life activities not only for business
James Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fleming.html
Latest Review: Plantation of Bones by Lou Dischler

Post by James Fleming »

I've just finished "Sign of The Four," A.C. Doyle's second Sherlock Holmes novel. It's hard not to like those books, isn't it? But I have to say that between the atmosphere and the contrast between Holmes' and Watson's motivations was particularly enjoyable. 4/5 stars
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 756
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Karlabchu »

I finished The hours by Michael Cunningham. It was a very detailed introspection into the mind of women. Greatly done by a man, too. One of the rare ones whom got it right in my opinion. 4/5
Last edited by Karlabchu on 28 Aug 2021, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

The last book I read was M Curtis McCoy. I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. It is the best self-help and motivational book that I have read till date. It doesn't matter what you want from your life, reading this book is a must. The insights in this book are mind-blowing. And it will motivate you to take charge of your life and design it the way you want to. The more I tell, the less it seems. The best way to understand it's full depth is to pick up the book and read it.
Best regards
Jennifer Dunn 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jennifer Dunn 1 »

I just finished reading One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I didn't mean to finish it in one day but I just had to see who she picked. :shock: I give it 3 out of 4 stars. A little too much like some movies I've seen at certain point, but overall a recommendation if you're looking for a little romance.
Boshra Wael
Currently Reading: Aleph
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boshra-wael.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Post by Boshra Wael »

The last book I read was (In your way home.. do this) an autobiography by Fr. George Six, I gave it 2 out of 4 stars and you can read the full review on my profile if you wanted, didn't enjoy it so much but it wasn't that bad though.
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

To the Dead City by Alex Bentley (5/5)

This was an interesting, unique fantasy work that would be great for young adults! The author did an excellent job with their worldbuilding, especially in relation to the flora and fauna.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”