What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by Marsha JJ »

I recently read The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings, a wonderful story about the close bond among a group of women friends who are connected by their passion for fly-fishing. I gave the book 4 out of 4 stars.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I read an excellent book called "Madhouse at the End of the Earth" by Julian Sanction, and I rate it a 10/10. This is an excellent book about a journey to Antarctica.
clumsy smurf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clumsy-smurf.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Post by clumsy smurf »

My last book was building a coaching culture. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4 because I didn't find it interesting and a lot was going on in this book.
Langstone Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-langstone-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Langstone Njoroge »

The last book i read is a Bloody book. i rated it 3 out of 4 stars. it was a wonderful book.
Similoluwa 4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Similoluwa 4 »

The last book I read is sweet sixteen ..very interesting to read ..I would rate it 9/10
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

The last book I read was the invincible life of Addie LaRue. I really loved everything about this book. I would give it a 10 out of 10 anytime.
stylesreview
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stylesreview.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by stylesreview »

Just finished A Brighter Tomorrow. 4 out of 4 stars from me. It's a beautiful poetry collection and I enjoyed it a lot.
Oluwatosin Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwatosin-balogun.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Oluwatosin Balogun »

The last book I read is "Scandal Heartbreak and deceit" by Elizabeth Mahoney. It's such a great book with lots of lessons to be learnt. I give it an 8 out of 10 because it was lengthy.
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I gave 3 out of 4 stars to A Bloody Book. It was written by Chris Bowen
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 756
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Karlabchu »

Book 38: Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk by Legs McNeil. Almost like learning about the rise, and fall of a great Empire, Legs McNeil's compendium of interviews brings us closer to the messy, frenetic and self-destructive musical society of American punk (a miracle that all the info could have been written and compiled with such order if everything they say about the author and those involved in these stories is something to rely on). The experiences are so outrageous that they made me burst out laughing in several places and I really was sorry getting to the last page.
A book with which you will not be able to stop looking for at least one of the songs that are mentioned and that will have you contemplating the punk style as an allegory to the self-destruction of living without regret and excess. 5/5
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

It's an 8/10 or 4/5 book for me. The story came together well at the end. I enjoyed how Aslan came off in the last third of it, very much a God of mysterious ways.
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

Scythe by Neal Shusterman - 5/5 ! Excellent book, finished it in less than a day.
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

I just finished reading The Fox by M.N.J Butler and I rated it a 3 out for 4 stars
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3047
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

My rating for the last book I read, A Dream for Peace: An Ambassador's Memoir by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, was four out of four.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
jmminder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by jmminder »

Last book I read was Nalini Singh's Archangels Viper. It one of the books in her Guild Hunter Series.
I love the paranormal romances. Authors like Nalini Singh, Christine Feehan, And Eva Chase have written some imaginative and fun books.b
Archangels Viper is nothing less than what I had expected based on all the others of the series.
It's one of the few books in the series that aren't about the initial two main characters. It explores another member of their trusted circle. Now I was skeptical given the other main character and was wondering how this could play out. But they melded together wonderfully as the book progressed. I can't wait until the next one. The mail is too slow. Lol
I always prefer to actually have the book vs reading it online. I find that I don't retain the story as well reading via Kindle. I also like to have the physical book for the times I feel nostalgic and want to re read it.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”