What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
DyslexicDA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by DyslexicDA »

I just finished reading "The Innocent" by David Balacci. The plot and action was developed well, and the protagonists pov was enjoyable to read. However, the ending was somewhat lacking, not anticlimactic exactly, but there was room for more and so I didn't really enjoy the last few chapters. I enjoyed the experience of reading it though so 4/5.
Miracle_Tessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-tessy.html
Latest Review: Street Sweeper by Paul Drewitt

Post by Miracle_Tessy »

The last book I read was The Wanting Hearts by Nicole Jordan. It's a collection of five short stories. Each of them was uniquely interesting and I enjoyed them all. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars
t_mann23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-mann23.html
Latest Review: Soria's Blood by D.L. Brownson

Post by t_mann23 »

The last book I read was Legendborn by Tracy Deonn. It's a YA fantasy novel that combines Arthurian legends and Black girl magic, and it was really good! I enjoyed it a lot. I'd give it 4/5 stars though because some of it was confusing and it seemed a little overcomplicated at times. Still good though, I definitely recommend it!
Cruztips
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cruztips »

The last book i read was bad luck and trouble by Lee child.. It is a lovely crime thriller novel... I rate 4 out of 4
mohamed benziane
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohamed-benziane.html
Latest Review: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life by Lewis Kempfer
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by mohamed benziane »

the last book I read was; how to be successful by Curtis McCoy, it was very inspirational, typos and errors aside I rate it 4 out of 4, I highly recommend you read it if you need a little push in your life.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

The last book I read is Shield Down by William de Berg; although this book was very interesting, it was full of conspiracy theories. I did rate it a 3 out of 4 stars though.
Priyanka Verma 4
Currently Reading: The Cruel Prince
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Priyanka Verma 4 »

The last book I read was Enemies by Tijan, I would rate this book 2/5. The plot was good, but the writing could have been improved. It was a very straightforward book.
Jedi_Pants
Currently Reading: The Soulmate Equation
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedi-pants.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Jedi_Pants »

I just finished reading Star Wars: The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower by Daniel José Older. I haven't liked Older's writing in the past, so purposely got the e-book because I didn't want to spend more money on him. But I've decided to buy all the novels in this first phase of The High Republic series and determine if I'll buy the next phases.

This was a great continuation of the children's subseries in multiple ways, and Older's writing annoyed me less than usual. Most of what did annoy me was because it's a children's book, so that doesn't count.

Here I gave it a 3/4; on Amazon & Goodreads, it's a 4/5. Solid. I've liked the children's books in this series more than the YA ones. And this gave me more of an incentive to read the comics subseries.
Harshinittu
Currently Reading: America Dies - When Based Upon Lies
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Harshinittu »

Last book I read is Perfect by Judy miller and I rate 4 stars
Linda S 1
Favorite Book: House of Hollow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linda-s-1.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by Linda S 1 »

The last book I read was The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon and I read it in two days. I loved it and rated it four out of five stars. The style of narration was brilliant and the chapter breaks were perfect.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

The last book I finished reading was Awakening by Tayma Tameem. It's such an amazing book with great plot twists in it. The scenes are breathtaking as it involves magic and powers in it. I loved that book. I had rate that book with 4 out of 4 stars.
Neelakshi jain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neelakshi-jain.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Neelakshi jain »

:techie-studyinggray: I read Kalayla and it is was good. I gave it 3 out of 4 stars.. :)
Varsha511
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Varsha511 »

Last book i read was Forty rules of Love by Elif Shafak. I would rate it 4/5.
The book takes us through the Forty rules, and each rule makes you reflect upon yourself.
So simple yet so beautiful! A must read
Twinkle Review
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Twinkle Review »

Animal farm by George Orwell. It's an amazing book. 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend animal farm to all book lovers.
glocomfy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by glocomfy »

I gave THE BIBLICAL CLOCK a rating of 4\4

It was a nice spiritual and scientific book

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”