What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
nikki-g01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by nikki-g01 »

rockandroll wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 11:38 Madelaine Miller's, New York Times best seller, "Circe" has everyone talking, and it's easy to see why.

Miller takes a relatively obscure Greek goddess from the Odyssey, and gives her full attention in this novel. She takes what is known from classical lit and weaves her own ideas into it.

This book is exciting and very funny.

I'm rating it a 5/5.

Cant't wait to read her Song of Achilles.
I've been wishing to read this book too :D ! I'll eventually get to it I think
Melissa Morton Miller
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-morton-miller.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Melissa Morton Miller »

I just finished reading Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane. I gave it a 3 out of 4 rating, mainly due to spelling errors. The story was disturbing in spots, but overall an enjoyable reading experience.
Nevada Shriver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nevada-shriver.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Nevada Shriver »

I recently finished Ironbark Hill, where I gave it a 3 out of 5 star rating. It wasn’t a bad story, but it definitely wasn’t written for me. There were a lot of heavy subjects (that some people will sadly relate to) and it seemed to jump all over the place at times.
andrea san andres

Post by andrea san andres »

The last book I read was called “It ends with us” by Colleen Hoover. Her story was so relatable, heart wrenching and made you feel as the reader so many emotions that some of us can relate when it comes to relationships. The main character in the book Lily is someone I can say most of us have been at least once in a relationship where we see the innocent parts in partners and try to ignore the red flags because we believe they are not like that. Unfortunately Lily learns the hard way that the person she fell in love with had alot of childhood trauma that her love cannot fix. The plot twist of this book is that all seems perfect from the guy she falls inlove with, he is a surgeon with a great family and apartment. He treats her well so she is over the moon for him but once they get marriage he changes completely into an abusive person she didn’t think he would ever be. I recommend this book because she although she appears to be navie there is also a part of her that shows she a great good hearted person who is drawn to her limits and has to do what’s best for her. And there’s more…. Highly recommend this book!
Macelo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macelo.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Macelo »

The last book I read was the magicians secret, it was a nice and really fun book about magicians and their secret weapon
Macelo
Currently Reading:

Post by Macelo »

The last book I read was the magician secret a story about magicians and their secret weapon and I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars
human reader

Post by human reader »

The Celery Stalks At Midnight by James Howe - 7/10

While the story could be better, the trio of imaginative cat Chester, reliable older dog Harold, and young dachshund pup Howie, who looks up to them both, is a winning combination. It helps to view this book as more of a "this is what pets might be thinking when they go on crazy journeys and do random things" style narrative.
Lux Henson

Post by Lux Henson »

The last book I read was the Brothers Hawthorne by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. It’s a fantastic read with a lot of adventures and puzzle solving, with a girl that comes into inheritance from a stranger and trying to working out how she can navigate this whole new world.
Lexiewarren-1
Currently Reading: 2084: Book One: 2069
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Lexiewarren-1 »

I have just finished a court of silver flames, now moving onto house of earth and blood for a reread before the newest book release at the end of the month.
I rated this 5 stars :)
Anxieee Mishra

Post by Anxieee Mishra »

Last book I completed would be A bend in the ganges by Malgonkar Manohar. The Story explores the lives of three people during the time of Indian partition.This books sheds a little light onto what prompted many Indians to support the British. Truly a very well written novel and i enjoyed reading it.
Maria Lepre
Favorite Author: Umberto Eco
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-lepre.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
fav_author_id: 3190

Post by Maria Lepre »

I've just finished "The picture of Dorian Gray" and, what a book! I gave it 5/5, and honestly I don't know why I haven't read it before
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Macelo
Currently Reading:

Post by Macelo »

I just finished reading The Great Migration by Steve Ramirez, such a fascinating novel and I gave it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

The last book I read was Oath and Honor by Liz Cheney. I feel great pride in Liz because she sacrificed her Congressional career because truth and country are more important than her political party. The book is well-written and I highly recommend one read it no matter what political party you belong to. I find it hard to believe that anyone that watched the havoc and mayhem live on January 6, 2021 or listened to the January 6th committee hearings would believe the Republicans that state it was a peaceful day at the Capitol. I give this book a 5 out of 5 star rating. I hope I live long enough to see republicans put country before party like they did 20 years ago. The violence, death threats and swatting calls need to end before people die. I believe the perpetrators of these acts and the people inciting them should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Read this book and you will be amazed at how incredible Liz Cheney is and I hope she returns to politics in 2026 or 2028.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

I recently read "Revenge" by Michael Cohen and found it very intriguing. I know he is a convicted felon for lying to the FBI but one has to remember he lied to protect Donald Trump. This was a very good book that should be read by both political parties. I rate this book 5 out o5 stars.
Fatola Fatai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Fatola Fatai »

The last book I read is Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner. I rated it 4 out of 5

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”