Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Smileyis1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Smileyis1 »

Reading is a means of relaxing and becoming one with the story. Always trying to figure out the why, who is guilty, who is telling the truth. A good book is a means of escaping to a different location.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

I like reading because whenever am reading a novel or anything but mostly novels I feel at peace. It is like I have travelled to another galaxy and that's why I like reading.
Amberly Ayra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberly-ayra.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Amberly Ayra »

I find television programming boring. The news they broadcast is often out of context. I'm from Mexico, maybe where they live their television broadcasts better things. Streaming services often put a lot of incomplete series. I like stories with endings, no matter how many books there are. Partly that's why I started reading, because I like concrete things and stimulate the imagination a little.
Ateshi John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ateshi-john.html
Latest Review: The Unlikely Cowboy by James E. Doucette

Post by Ateshi John »

Dreams
It's all about dreams for me.
A good book takes me to another mental plane where I can dream and truly be free!
It's my own intoxicative addiction.
My escape from reality, even when reading none fiction books I try my best to become the author or main character. Live their lives and go on adventures I would never have.
A good book reminds me life is a fairytale.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I enjoy reading because it allows me to escape reality. I have a lot going on in my life and reading helps me forget for a little while. I also love learning new things and reading helps me with that.
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

I like reading because it is wanderlust for the mind.
tiger08
Currently Reading: Rayne Storm
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiger08.html
Latest Review: True Teryn by S.G. Blaise
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by tiger08 »

I like reading because I enjoy what the author has to say. My thought is to imagine that you are in the book. It would help to read what the author is trying to say in the book. That's why I like to read books.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

it is everything to do with that world of imagination, and not only for entertaining purposes but to also add a bit of insight knowledge. I always learn a thing or two when I read a book and that is mostly a reason why I love reading.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Achiever Tandoh
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achiever-tandoh.html
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt

Post by Achiever Tandoh »

If there a specific reason why I like reading, it will be because I value knowledge. There's so much knowledge to be obtained by reading books. When I read I get to learn about many things, from different cultures to different religions, opinions, other people's experiences and so much more.

However, there are other reasons, like the smile a funny book puts on my face. And the feeling of excitement I get from a mystry and fantasy book.
Achiever Tandoh
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achiever-tandoh.html

Post by Achiever Tandoh »

If there a specific reason why I like reading, it will be because I value knowledge. There's so much knowledge to be obtained by reading books. When I read I get to learn about many things, from different cultures to different religions, opinions, other people's experiences and so much more.

However, there are other reasons, like the smile a funny book puts on my face. And the feeling of excitement I get from a mystry and fantasy book.
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

Exploring different worlds and perspectives within the limited free time I have serve as a great means of recharging.
Last edited by Alet Van Tonder on 22 Jul 2022, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
theCommittalist

Post by theCommittalist »

I like reading because it's hard to always have someone around who is as imaginatively dramatic as a skilled writer.
cupskill04

Post by cupskill04 »

Books are valuable and ought to be protected. No matter how much I didn't like a book, I personally would never burn it because of how significant I think books are. Books are a good way to preserve information because they are less easily altered than the internet and are always available at your local library.

-------------------------------------
cupskill
POETIC PACIFIC
Favorite Book: The Illuminati Conspiracy
Currently Reading: The Poetic Pacific
Bookshelf Size: 220

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

I like reading because it is the process of learning apart from the actual experience. It is not about fiction or nonfiction, but the important part of it is about building and having greater awareness of things around you. This is the beginning of understanding and knowledge.
a musical mind!
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

I love reading for various reasons. It is an escape from reality,you just get lost in the book and forget all that is going on around you, this feeling is everything. Secondly, I gain knowledge while reading and also increase my vocabulary

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”