Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Ihuoma03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ihuoma03.html
Latest Review: Midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Ihuoma03 »

I read majorly because it allows my imagination to soar without hindrances. I love that I am able to create mental pictures as I read. I have a pretty wild imagination, and sometimes, I feel restricted when I watch movies because my imaginations are streamlined to what the director wants me to see.

But when I read, I am at liberty to imagine things about the characters and the plot freely.

Summarily, reading makes my mind free!
Wendy Lim
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Wendy Lim »

Reading is one of the activities that helps to keep me busy. I used to read a lot when I was much younger - would go to libraries every so often just to check out new/old books. Now, reading is still one of my most favourite activities, that is when I am not too preoccupied with other worries or problems in life.
Charlize Venter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlize-venter.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Charlize Venter »

LOVE reading because I get to walk in the shoes of others, in new and unexperienced worlds. It's a pure escape and, so to say, my personal addiction.
I love the way good literature can grap you by the throat, throttling every oxygen molecule from your body, allowing your lungs to appreciate the air you, once so nonchalantly, breathe.
omrose58
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by omrose58 »

I love to read because the author is telling his or her knowledge of a certain subject I'm dearly interested in, like healthy living and spirituality.
Brittany LaPour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Does it Sound Like When You Change Your Mind?
Bookshelf Size: 2329
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-lapour.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B07F7TLZF4

Post by Brittany LaPour »

I love to read because I enjoy sitting in the quiet and transporting to another world or another time. I love all different genres, and sometimes I read a book about a terrible life to realize mine isn't so bad, or I'll read fantasy to daydream about fairies and dragons. When it comes to reading, it allows me to live different lives, and it's my favorite thing.
Bombasticsideeye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stella-bereebera.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Bombasticsideeye »

I love reading because there is alot of knowledge contained in books. I always learn something new.
VeeBookLover
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veebooklover.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by VeeBookLover »

I love it because it gives me the opportunity to visit other worlds and experience incredible stories. Some of it is just escapism for pleasure but some books change you as a person.
little toes
Currently Reading: The Meateater Guide to Wilderness Skills and Survival
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-toes.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by little toes »

I mainly like to read because it gives me a beneficial way to relax. I get to slow down from a long day of work, while also learning new things that dramatically improve my life. I love to read and cannot imagine living without books! :ugeek2:
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

Why do I like reading? Because it often calms my soul. I love how engrossed I get in a book, so much that I totally forget about my surroundings and focus on the characters in the book. Reading makes me feel like I am in a different universe altogether. I love experiencing things from other people's points of view and thoughts. Also, I love how reading enhances my vocabulary. I always learn new words when reading books which is quite a winner for me.
Ken Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Ken Alex »

Reading creates a peaceful moment :roll:
Emprez15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emprez15.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Emprez15 »

I love reading because it opens my mind to different things, I can read other people's imaginations....feel what that person felt when writing. I get to relive the scenes in the book, it's exciting. I love the feeling of finding out who did it in mystery books, the romance and love in romance books, I can relate with most of the things written. I just sincerely love it.
Firuzeyy
Currently Reading: Think & Grow Rich
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firuzeyy.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Firuzeyy »

Introversion and less active social life can lead you to books inevitably. So I like to read books as it helps me stay away from my own mind's infinite thoughts. You know when your mind is 24/7 like :!: :?: :arrow: :idea: :techie-reference: :tiphat: , so you tend to want a escape through words even it is through another person's words trapped in paper.
IamPeculiar01
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iampeculiar01.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by IamPeculiar01 »

Reading for me is kind of innate. It's what I've loved ever since I was a child but then, over time, I've grown to love reading more for the knowledge I gain from it. Reading helps me to travel around the world, know more about people and races I never would have heard of...travel through time and be more informed. In short, I love reading because it makes me knowledgeable.
Kidd Essence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kidd-essence.html
Latest Review: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence by Fred Sievert

Post by Kidd Essence »

It's like watching a movie, but the characters are what you imagine them to be. A vague setting of a story combined with your imagination is what brings any great book to life. Reading truly is the greatest form of entertainment!
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

It helps in quenching my thirst for learning more and more.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”