Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Lillian Muliro
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lillian-muliro.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Lillian Muliro »

I like reading because I get to other people's worldviews which challenges my perception of different things. I also read to gain knowledge and increase my vocabulary.
HeavenlyDemon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by HeavenlyDemon »

I like reading it calms my mind and helps you escape from reality its like when you read an interesting book that gives you chill,trill,goosebumps,excite,amazed its like you're in a different world that's why i like reading it makes you feel all kinds of emotion and at ease at the same time ☺
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Reading books makes me completely calm and lets my stresses flow away for a while. It is an escape when things get too much some days. It shows more beauty than I can sometimes see in real life. It makes the magical and mystical possible and comes alive. I love absolutely everything about reading! It doesn't matter if I am at the office reading between work, reading at home cozied up under a blanket, while on a road trip, etc. I can read literally anywhere.
RonnyCollins27
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: complex PTSD Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronnycollins27.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by RonnyCollins27 »

I like to read because it gives me the opportunity to learn, first and foremost, and I get to travel without leaving my room. My childhood was abusive and reading took me far and wide, away from turmoil and fighting. To read became my solace and then a passion. I feel like a piece of me is missing when I haven’t read for a period of time. And, as I’ve found, reading is knowledge and knowledge is powerful.
aazminsyeda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aazminsyeda.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by aazminsyeda »

I like reading because "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies".
Anahi Lopez Vidueiros
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anahi-lopez-vidueiros.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anahi Lopez Vidueiros »

To live a thousand lives into one.
sabrinaknight
Currently Reading: The Wicker Park Kid
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrinaknight.html
Latest Review: Masked Intent by Kimberly Greer

Post by sabrinaknight »

Reading is a great escape. I liked reading before but after the pandemic, it became more than a recreational pastime. I liked reading about a person's perspective. How and what goes on inside when deciding what to do and not to do. You can only ever be yourself, so going into the mind of another through a book is a strange yet powerful feeling.
Aivy Daylig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivy-daylig.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Aivy Daylig »

I like reading since reading has been my escape from reality. I love how my imagination works everytime I’m reading a book.
Scott Fling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-fling.html
Latest Review: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL by Tim Outlaw

Post by Scott Fling »

My reasons for reading are innumerable. However, a substantial amount of my reasons deal with the gaining of knowledge. I read to learn, in other words
Ariel_Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arieljmartin.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Post by Ariel_Martin »

At first, I hated reading. I really struggled my way through it as a young child. But in late elementary school I got myself grounded. Really grounded, in my room alone, long term. Reading became my escape.
I read now because I love to be transported out of my own head and my own situations. I love the different ways characters handle situations, even if their choices frustrate me. It allows me to see my world differently. It is also a great way to pass the time or just reset.
ArdentPeruser
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ardentperuser.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by ArdentPeruser »

I was once an inquisitive kid who asked too many questions. My mom was so patient and tried to answer all of my questions, but when the questions became too hard for her to answer, she bought me plenty of books (e.g., almanac, encyclopedia, and story books). That developed my love for reading. I am an introvert, so I find more joy in reading and seeing the world from other people's perspectives :techie-studyingbrown:
Aarya Gondkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarya-gondkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Aarya Gondkar »

My favourite genres are fiction & romance. Thus, I love reading because it transports me into a different reality. A reality that I choose to be in. It is comforting to read about characters who make mistakes, inspiring when they go on adventures, and satisfying when they achieve their goals. Reading is almost like taking care of babies, even if that sounds weird. You care for the characters as if you truly know them, and they provide comfort to you even though they're not real.
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."-roald dahl
stephastrin1438
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephastrin1438.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by stephastrin1438 »

I love reading because it is relaxing and takes me to another place and time. I learn so much from reading and I love to learn new things. Reading gives me another perspective on the world and I appreciate the fact that people have such different stories. I find it very interesting to learn about other cultures and ways of life. I love to get sucked into a story and I can’t stop reading it. That’s the best!
lily-789
Currently Reading: The Diamond Eye
Bookshelf Size: 76

Post by lily-789 »

I like reading because it takes me into another world. If I am reading historical fiction I have entered into another era. I love history, culture and historical events. If I am reading self-help, I am improving myself and learning about myself. If I am reading mystery, I want to find out how the case will be solved. Reading inspires me and stretches my mind.

I have read so many genres: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Autobiography, Memoir, some Romance, Mystery, Historical Fiction and Non-fiction, Young Adult, Children, Christian -Fiction and Self-Help.
XDemands
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by XDemands »

I love reading because it brings me to another space of quietness and stability in life.
To taste the difference in culture and practices.
To have an eye to someone secretly and consciously.
To be able to immerse into the world of science romantically.
I read romance, I watch romance.
Romance books are soothing to the mind.
I read adventures too.
Adventures are something learning to the mind.
Exploration exposure all time is a thing to learn from reading.
In simple words, reading helps me learn.
Thank you for allowing me to reveal and discover myself.
Welcome to buy my ebook at amazon : asin=B09C4HCLF6
Thanks!
Merry Christmas!!!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”