Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
shrikant275
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by shrikant275 »

Through reading, we can learn so many new things. it is one of the best ways to spend quality time.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

Reading really helps me focus and get my mind off negative things. I prefer reading to watching television for exploring something new.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Christopher M 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-m-1.html
Latest Review: Genex of Halcyon by Joshua Stelling

Post by Christopher M 1 »

There are so many reasons I enjoy reading, but three of them stand out the most. First, it allows me to escape and enter new worlds to have adventures I would not otherwise have. Second, it allows me to gain knowledge about a variety of subjects. Finally, I am able to hear from people who lived in the past in their own words and better understand my culture and that of others because of it.
chinaappleamui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by chinaappleamui »

I love reading now, but I didn't before! Throughout school I always HAD to read a book, usually a book I took no interest in. Now that I can pick the book I'm actually interested in I really enjoy it! Just going into another world is like watching a movie (and I love watching movies!). Now, before I pick a movie to watch I look into if it was based from a book first. I always want to read the book first before watching the movie so I can pick up on things that the average viewer would have missed because they didn't read the book.
Grillzelite
Currently Reading: Contagion Domination
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Grillzelite »

Reading makes me feel like I'm stepping of my reality and into another, it is also an escape route I take when I'm bored or down because there is always comfort in reading. Especially if the book is really great.
EddyFiend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by EddyFiend »

Reading just takes me into another world; I like the ability to read the text and then translate into whatever image I have in my mind.
Shari Lee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shari-lee.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Shari Lee »

I love to read because, as many others have also said, it is an escape from the stress and chaos of normal life. I really sink into whatever world the book brings me to. I become that character and the worries and struggles of my own dailey life fades away.
Some times it is just nice to try something new and learn that I may enjoy something I wouldn't have expected to.
Shari A. Lee
Smile...it makes people wonder! :D
Nicholus Schroeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

I love reading books because it's a liberating and fun experience for my mind, my body can't teleport on a whim :D , but when I'm reading these books transport my mind to different worlds, places and times. Visualizing these worlds while reading has become the norm for me when reading a book, I would picture the world, characters and so much more and it's so much fun and helps me relax.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

I love reading for many reasons. I learn so much about everything. Every book has something the reader can take away from it, whether it be a moral lesson, a different point of view, or just a new word. I read when I'm sad, happy, it doesn't matter. My book choices always reflect my mood at that particular time, so my library is full of different genres.
Lostsoul20
Currently Reading: House of Hoops

Post by Lostsoul20 »

An escape-perhaps, to me I call it an adventure. Each book provides a adventure into someone’s mind, their thoughts and and at times those thoughts resembles mine. Reading to me keeps my mind and my spirit alive. I can feel the book, I am there in that book. I always have books with me, either on my iPad or a paperback.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

Am an introvert. I don't go out socializing or meeting new people and therefore reading keeps me occupied. I learn new things and different ways to approach different challenges.
Reading keeps me inspired depending on the piece of art. It is also what i enjoy doing most.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

Am an introvert. I don't go out socializing or meeting new people and therefore reading keeps me occupied. I learn new things and different ways to approach different challenges.
Reading keeps me inspired depending on the piece of art. It is also what i enjoy doing most.
cogitononsum
Currently Reading: The Great Gatsby
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogitononsum.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by cogitononsum »

I read so I can explore different worlds, so I can become them for a minute, explore not just the outside world, but my own psyche as well, see what type of a person I am, and like I mentioned before, becoming them. It's crazy, but sometimes I feel like I'm the book character, and I act like them, and it's just. SO interesting. Honestly it's just a lot of good fun.
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

To get to know new worlds. To get to understand new characters. To relax.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I love reading because it allows me to see things from a different perspective.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”