Reading More Than One Book at a Time

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Tanyakorchak
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanyakorchak.html

Re: Reading More Than One Book at a Time

Post by Tanyakorchak »

Once in a while I get half way through a book and realize it's not as appealing anymore so I leave it for a few days while I read another book :)
kaleidoscope0

Post by kaleidoscope0 »

Hey !

I usually read one book at a time but sometimes two.But when i read two together my reading experience is not as intense.
Portable_Panther
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-portable-panther.html

Post by Portable_Panther »

I'm always reading multiple books. It lets me decide what I want to read depending on my mood and also gives me a great variety: fiction, nonfiction, sci-fi, etc....

There is at least one book in each room of my apartment! :D
dawestermann
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawestermann.html

Post by dawestermann »

I often am reading two to three books at a time. My goal is always to read one at a time but somehow I 'accidentally' start reading another and then there I am again. I don't typically get confused by plot because I think the stories are different enough that they don't mix together. I always have at least one book ready to begin as soon as I finish one. For some reason I like to begin the next book immediately after finishing the previous one too.
The Bookaholic
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookaholic.html
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill

Post by The Bookaholic »

I like reading more than one book at a time. That way, If I am in moods for different genres, I have a selection to choose from.
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill
FearlessLiteracy

Post by FearlessLiteracy »

I usually try to have two books going at once. I try to keep it to one contemporary and one dystopian, because If i have two dystopians at once I tend to get a little bit confused. Like, currently I'm reading The Maze Runner and Identical by Ellen Hopkins, but I'm bringing It's Kind of a Funny Story on my vacation, so I might be reading 3 books when I get back.
jmalone1994
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: Ink Exchange
Currently Reading: The Blood of Olympus
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmalone1994.html
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by jmalone1994 »

I am currently in the middle of like 3 books right now...however I usually try to stick to just one
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
ladybug31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladybug31.html

Post by ladybug31 »

I have to read more than one book at a time. I have a book for (deep breathe):
Bedtime (usually something that's light or by one of my favorite authors. Sometimes poetry)
School (usually something with a little more substance that is a good time to kill the hour that I have between classes)
Car rides, especially long ones (something like The Portable Beat Reader, something that's short but has substance)
On top of that, I'm usually reading books for school (philosophy and criminal justice/true crime books usually by Ann Rule) as well as books that I want to read to my kids before they go down for naps or before bed. These are usually books that I've read multiple times and I loved so my husband and I want to pass down to the kids like The Hobbit or The Wind Through the Keyhole.
wordishwonderland

Post by wordishwonderland »

I do it all the time, but I think after I finish these next few books I will only read one at a time because it can get quite confusing after a while!
ssams001

Post by ssams001 »

I can only get lost in one book at a time. I feel like I'm swept away to another place and time when I'm reading so I prefer one adventure at a time.
summergonzalez55

Post by summergonzalez55 »

I have read two books at the same time. It was a bad situation since both books got boring I couldn't keep the stories straight.
Therefore I stick to one book at a time.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Book hopping is the newest thing! ;)
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I used to prefer reading just one book at a time, but now that I am writing reviews I am reading two at once: one for review, and one for pleasure.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
robind13
Currently Reading: The Lullaby Sky
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robind13.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Post by robind13 »

I prefer to read one book at a time otherwise I'd confuse the multiple books
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
hvotruba1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hvotruba1.html

Post by hvotruba1 »

I keep a book in my bedroom, a book at my kitchen counter, and usually one on my phone. I'm fine with keeping up with multiple books, but I can't remember to carry a book around with me. Saves me the trouble of going up and downstairs to hunt for my book or being mad that I forgot it at home. Because if I'm not actively doing something else, I have my face in a book.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”