Reading More Than One Book at a Time

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Woodland Nymph
Bookshelf Size: 0

Reading More Than One Book at a Time

Post by Woodland Nymph »

Do you read more than one book at a time, or do you prefer to only stick with one at a time?
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Only one at a time. I can only concentrate on one set of characters, plot etc at a time. I have tried before to read 2 or 3 books in tandem but this just dilutes the affect of each book as you struggle to recall names and places from one story to the next.

Now i prefer to enjoy just the one book and read it at my own pace. I have 5 books to read after i finish my current one so i will be kept busy for a few months :D
31w30

Post by 31w30 »

I too, read only one book at a time.
Morrosseth

Post by Morrosseth »

I'm usually reading two books at one time. Sometimes more. I've never seemed to have a problem keeping the stories in line. Go figure. :?
Couch Potato

Post by Couch Potato »

I usually read two or more books at a time. For intance right now I'm reading two from the same author.

One is a novel called Cincinnatus: The Secret Plot to Save America. It's a thriller involving the fixing of PGA golf tournaments, lost love, murder and mayhem. It also involves the paranormal mystery of this place in South Florida called Coral Castle, built by this mysterious Lativan immigrant called Ed Leedskalnin.

The second book I am reading is called Coral Castle: The Mystery of Ed Leedskalnin and His American Stonehenge, it is a non-fiction companion piece to Cincinnatus written by the same author, Rusty McClure. He delves into all of the theories about how this man built a castle by himself out of 1100 tons of Coral Rock.

Both are well worth a look.
sjhaughty

Post by sjhaughty »

Yeah, I read more than one at a time.
Usually, they have to be different genres, or one is one I"ve read before. And I almost always have a book on CD in my car.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Rarely read more than one book at a time but I always have the next book lined up and ready to go.
victorian.noire

Post by victorian.noire »

Bravo to reading two books in the same genre! I usually read more then one book at a time but i am not that pro!

i usually have a bedtime book that lives on my night table
i also have a nonfiction book (usually about plants as i am a gardener)
and then i have a regular fiction book

and audio books rock my world for when i am doing housework and cant read...

i think everything about this post makes me a super nerd :roll:
runner1719

Post by runner1719 »

I usually only read one book at a time because I'm such a slow reader that it takes me long enough to finish one book much less two. I really wish I was a faster reader because I just love reading so much and there are so many books I want to read!
JesikaParker

Post by JesikaParker »

Sounds good I will definitely try this idea once. This will really a challenging job for me. This seems like meeting so many people and remembering them until we meet them again.
This is as hard as for a bridal when she enters in a new family be in touch with so many new faces and when again meet those faces then people ask remember my name and she feel like lost.
But still i will try this concept in the case of books.

Good one....!!!!!
StudBoi Reader76

Post by StudBoi Reader76 »

8)

HEY BOOK LOVERS! I read two at a time now, I just finished "IT'S YOUR TIME" BY JOEL OSTEEN, I'M FINISHING UP "ECLIPSE" THE 3RD INSTALLMENT IN THE TWILIGHT SERIES. THERE'S SO MANY BOOKS I WANT TO READ SO I'M BUSTING OUT 2-4 BOOKS A MONTH IS THE SPEED I WANT TO REACH. I'M NEW TO THIS SITE SO I SAY WHAT'S UP TO ALL MY FELLOW BOOK LOVERS.
Woodland Nymph

Post by Woodland Nymph »

I always read at least two books at a time, maybe even more. There is just so much to read, and so little time; sometimes I think reading several books at once is the only way to fit it all in.
31w30

Post by 31w30 »

Since I have made my statement of reading only one book at a time I have since changed. I'm reaading the Venona Secrets about Soviet Espionage and American Traitors by Herbert Romerstein and Eric Breindel, when I was thumbing through another book of interest and began reading. My second book of choice is the The Body Of Secrets about the NSA during the Cold War by James Bamford which entails the same type of security breeches as the Venona Secrets. One lead to another and now I'm discovering it is hard for me to put either of the two down.
JesikaParker

Post by JesikaParker »

Recently I have read "Shakespeare's Truth by Rex Richards" and during that I tried to take another book at the same time. But the book "Shakespeare's Truth" was very interesting and I could not be able to put that down until it finished. So I have to confess that my first try of reading "Two Books at the same time" was not successful

Well I will not stop here, I will again try this and get back to you people with results :)
layla

Post by layla »

I can't read 2 books together, I think it's a form of multi-tasking. I know obviously you don't read the two books at the same time..... but the times your brain processes the stories overlaps. I'm no multi-tasker at the best of times, so I find reading two books at once really confusing.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”