Reincarnation books

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
guytwo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Reincarnation books

Post by guytwo »

Anybody read any good reincarnation books? I read one a long time ago (20+ years) but don't have it any more and can't remember what it was titled. sigh

A friend asked me about reincarnation books. Can we help?
DreamSE22

Post by DreamSE22 »

The best I've ever read is This Body by Laurel Doud.

It's about a young woman on drugs and alcohol who dies, but her body is taken over by a middle-aged mother who also dies at the same time. The mother has to live in the drug addict's body.

I had to special-order my copy several years ago, but it was worth it! I highly recommend!
Last edited by DreamSE22 on 28 Feb 2010, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.
guytwo

Post by guytwo »

Thanks but that's not what I (friend) was looking for, sounds interesting though.

She wanted something about people that experienced reincarnation and wrote about it. I have no personnel readings like that except the old one I mentioned. Is there anything newer that's worth a look? I found several digging around but don't know which one to suggest.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I think for nowadays, books about reincarnation can be found in manga or Japanese novels with isekai themes. For example, titles like "Reincarnated as Slime," "Reincarnated as a Noble, "or "Reincarnated as a Witch." There are plenty of isekai genre themes, maybe as a result of the current era where people feel that the world is quite grim, so they seek alternatives in Japanese manga readings.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Maniacs, Monsters and a Bump in the Night by G. Richard Evans

Post by Kristin Cowan »

There is a book about children who talk about past lives - "The Children that Time Forgot"
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

Never have I ever read such a book About reincarnation
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

When I was a teen I read the Fallen series by Lauren Kate, which is.... kinda about reincarnation? I think only one of the two main characters kept reincarnating over and over, but I don't want to spoil it too much for you.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I have a few additions, like reincarnated with appraisal skills, or reincarnated with 9999 max defense. Try looking for various reincarnation stories with a game system theme that will make your heart race.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”