Looking for a social psychology book

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
kingcobra
Bookshelf Size: 0

Looking for a social psychology book

Post by kingcobra »

Unfortunately I do not know the name of the book.
It is in reference to there being 3 types of people in the world: White Hats, Black Hats and Small Hats (Either Small Hats or No Hats).

Black Hats are going to stick it to you the first chance they get and will not pretend to be your friend. White Hats pretend to be your friend, but will throw you under the bus when the chance arises. And lastly, the Small Hats, who are your friends and those people that don't fit the first 2 categories.

That's a basic synopsis of the book. Any prolific psychology book readers in the house? :D
callybee

Post by callybee »

I've completed a 4 year Psych degree, and never heard mention of it. Sounds really strange, to be honest.
guytwo

Post by guytwo »

Might be this book. Six Thinking Hats by Edward de Bono. Or maybe Black Hats And White Hats which is out of print.

Let us know.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I think Erin Mayer's book, 'The Culture Map,' could be a great example of a good social psychology book that discusses cultural differences and how we can communicate effectively. I believe it's a valuable reference, especially when working in an international setting with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I've completed a 4 year Psych degree, and never heard mention of it. Sounds really strange, to be honest.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

"Jonathan Haidt's book, 'The anxious generation,' is essential reading for our generation living in an era dominated by technology addiction. It's the kind of social psychology book that I think everyone would find interesting to read."

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”