Ever get bored of reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy
Bookshelf Size: 58
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Re: Ever get bored of reading?

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

When I became pregnant at the age of 27 I didn't want anything to do with books. I could not stand them . The entire year I think I did not read books but surprisingly I enjoyed magazines instead. Now we all know the difference between our books and magazines, it's pictures. Why on earth did I enjoy seeing pictures of jackets and trendy jeans? Three years later I found my answer ,I was pregnant with a book worm.
Miriam Ratemo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

For me it is often a matter of how busy I am. If I was retired with not much to do I think I could read all the time, but with a busy life I find that I go in spurts like you. Some times it will take me a month to finish a book, because I just can't get the time, but other times I will read through a book in 2 or 3 days. So I guess I don't get bored of reading, just consumed with everything.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

For me it is often a matter of how busy I am. If I was retired with not much to do I think I could read all the time, but with a busy life I find that I go in spurts like you. Some times it will take me a month to finish a book, because I just can't get the time, but other times I will read through a book in 2 or 3 days. So I guess I don't get bored of reading, just consumed with everything.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Becoming Change Makers by Dr. Dominica McBride

Post by João Ramos »

Miriam Ratemo wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 06:44 For me it is often a matter of how busy I am. If I was retired with not much to do I think I could read all the time, but with a busy life I find that I go in spurts like you. Some times it will take me a month to finish a book, because I just can't get the time, but other times I will read through a book in 2 or 3 days. So I guess I don't get bored of reading, just consumed with everything.
I couldn’t agree more. The habit of reading is fantastic, but sometimes it can be challenging to put into practice.
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

Hi!

I love to read! At times in the past, I could not read my book because of outside commitments, and I was upset about it. Especially if I were reading a very good part of the book, or if it is a good book, you cannot put down! I made a plan to get back to reading my book. In school, I was called a "bookworm." Anyway, even today sometimes I cannot read as I would like because of my schedule, but I am so glad they invented audiobooks! I can read on the go!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”