Ever get bored of reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Re: Ever get bored of reading?

Post by honeybear_11001 »

I do get points in time where I am tired of reading but it is usually because of a book not being up to per or not understand some things in the book. Also, sitting down is a chore and I don't like to lay down while reading. Do I do get bored sometimes.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I would literally read every day if I could. Unfortunately for me thats not always possible due to work and other responsibilities. There were days that I didnt know what genre I wanted to read and then end up not reading at all. The same goes for wanting a specific genre and just dont have it on my shelfs at home.
stylesreview
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stylesreview.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by stylesreview »

Yeah. Especially when I've been reading for a long streak. It's like my mind wants a break and so reading loses its flavour for me. But after a while it always comes back.
Aeesha Bashir
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aeesha.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Aeesha Bashir »

I wouldn't say I get bored of reading because I've discovered that no matter how busy I am there's always time for a book, whether it's with my cup of tea or during a short break. The amount that I read however, varies. Somedays, it's a whole book in a day while other days it's a few chapters.
Aeesha :techie-studyinggray:
ZhanLu
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhanlu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ZhanLu »

I don't think I have ever gotten bored of reading. Whenever I start reading I always lose track of time. I read till 6am, the next day, sometimes if I sit down to read at maybe 11pm? Whenever I am free, I sit down (or stand :p) to read just one more chapter but we all know it's not just one more chapter... XD
ZhanLu
Currently Reading:

Post by ZhanLu »

Now that I remember, I once finished a book that had over 500+ chapters with a word count of 15k to 20k per page in two and half weeks or three weeks. It took me day and night to finish that book. The book is originally Chinese, a C-novel. It was later published in English for the international audience. I think it has 4 volumes.
ZhanLu
Currently Reading:

Post by ZhanLu »

Leonie Vermaak wrote: 19 Mar 2022, 01:06 I would literally read every day if I could. Unfortunately for me thats not always possible due to work and other responsibilities. There were days that I didnt know what genre I wanted to read and then end up not reading at all. The same goes for wanting a specific genre and just dont have it on my shelfs at home.
I agree with you at not knowing what genre to read at times and going days not reading at all. I relate to this so much!
Kanika Tandon
Currently Reading: Of winners and losers
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanika-tandon.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Kanika Tandon »

its like asking. whether you get bored of breathing? Reading is an important and mandatory part of my life. my mental.health depends on it.
Jay Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-peter.html
Latest Review: Champagne Widows by Rebecca Rosenberg

Post by Jay Peter »

I do t get bored of reading, but sometimes things come up that don't give you the time to read.
Scott Fling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-fling.html
Latest Review: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL by Tim Outlaw

Post by Scott Fling »

I only really read game or movie magazines and yes, if anyone is up for online gaming just PM me and we sort something out with regard to a few sessions.
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

I only really read game or movie magazines and yes, if anyone is up for online gaming just PM me and we sort something out with regard to a few sessions.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Will of the World
Bookshelf Size: 2290
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

In recent years I have always at least one book that I am reading, although sometimes I might not read for a few days and sometimes I go through over 1000 pages per week. In 2020 I got into audiobooks and love listening to them when I do my chores so nowadays it's really rare that I don't read/listen every day.
MesfnKalu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mesfnkalu.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by MesfnKalu »

I read email all day at work, so when I get home, I often don't want to even look at my computer or a book. That said, I still enjoy a great mystery or human interest story once my eyes have rested. Reading is the very best way to get into other people's heads and see the world with their eyes. Why would anyone want to miss that?
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

I'm going through that phase right now. I read, but not as much as I want to.

There are tens of books I want to dive into and a couple more I would love to revisit.

But I'm intentionally stopping myself from doing so because once I get into that flow, there won't be any stopping, and my work will be pushed to the back seat.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”