Ever get bored of reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
WinterCandyMints
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wintercandymints.html

Re: Ever get bored of reading?

Post by WinterCandyMints »

No. I think I can read all day.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

When I get really bored, I can't do anything, especially read. It's like my mind just can't open up to any new information. It's really sad, actually. :(
KristineNicole
Favorite Author: Emily Bronte
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: The Snow Child By Eowym Ivey
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristinenicole.html
fav_author_id: 2494

Post by KristineNicole »

I've gone through periods in my life where I can't read. (Usually because I tried to read too many books at once. Then I feel overwhelmed and don't read for a week or two.)
My high point of reading was middle and high school. I was reading a book every few days. My low point was 2 months ago. I didn't finish a book.
darkhuntress
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkhuntress.html

Post by darkhuntress »

The only time I've ever gotten bored of reading is if I haven't got into the book, like those books that climax within the last couple pages, I'll read then but they tend to take me longer to read because they are not as easy to get into and there isn't as much action.
"Fear in a name, only increases fear in the thing itself"
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I don't think I've ever been bored of reading, but there have been times when reading has been eclipsed by life, if you know what I mean. I also went through a mild depressive episode once where I didn't want to read, but then again, I didn't want to anything during that time, so I wouldn't count that as being bored of reading.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Miss_Jane2014
Currently Reading: Better Off Dead by H.P Mallory
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-jane2014.html

Post by Miss_Jane2014 »

Not going to lie, reading tends to be my method of procrastination. I usually want to read the most when I have homework to do, or if I know that there are other things that are in need of my attention. It makes it harder to read with having my 9 month old running around like a little crazy man, and then I'm a full time college student as well, but it doesn't stop me. If I'm particularly stressed though, I seem to read a lot less. I just don't have the motivation.
Night reader
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-night-reader.html

Post by Night reader »

I haven't got bored of reading yet. When I'm done with everything, I grab my book right away and start reading it until another task comes up then I have to set my book down.
Jovip
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovip.html

Post by Jovip »

I find i will go periods of being entertained with other mediums. I am also a gamer, i enjoy film and live plays. So there are a variety of things which i dedicate my attention too when i get a bit tired of reading. Though it never sticks.
Rebel Angel
Favorite Author: Kay Hooper
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebel-angel.html
fav_author_id: 3327

Post by Rebel Angel »

I haven't ever got bored of reading, but there has been a lot of times where I have gone months with out reading due to life just being to crazy and not allowing the time for reading :(
AbigailDawn
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigaildawn.html

Post by AbigailDawn »

I do go through times where I try to read and nothing will hold my interest. I don't know what causes it, but I hate when it happens. I try to read all the time so it's hard when you have no interest in something you usually love. I read pretty much anything so it's not like I have a hard time trying to find something to read, most of the time. I'm just glad it doesn't happen often.
Lilapo9
Favorite Author: Diane Duane
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 29675">The Ministry of Cantors</a>
Currently Reading: Handbook for Cantors
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilapo9.html
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
Reading Device: B00EM3WGYY
fav_author_id: 4363

Post by Lilapo9 »

I don't really get bored with reading but I do reach a point of burnout and do have to take a break for a while sometimes. As a general rule though my inability to read too much is directly in relation to a hectic spontaneous work schedule (I am a substitute teacher) and caring for an 88 year old father-in-law.
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
kendrashea
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendrashea.html

Post by kendrashea »

I don't really get bored at reading unless the book is boring.
Carabella1226
Favorite Author: Everyone
Favorite Book: Anything that pulls me in and holds on
Currently Reading: What am I not reading is the question
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carabella1226.html

Post by Carabella1226 »

I never really get bored of reading. It keeps my mind off stressful things or puts me in a world that can be fun. The only time I slow down is when I am getting sleepy and I read slower, but I always read the chapter again in case I missed something in my sleepy state. The longest I went without reading though would have to be when I was sick and didn't read for a week.
Good books Don't give up all there secrets at once.
- Stephen King
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Lilapo9 wrote:I don't really get bored with reading but I do reach a point of burnout and do have to take a break for a while sometimes. As a general rule though my inability to read too much is directly in relation to a hectic spontaneous work schedule (I am a substitute teacher) and caring for an 88 year old father-in-law.
I'm the same with getting burnt out more than bored with it!

Although, I guess certain books might bore me, but I haven't had that happen in a while. 8)
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

No, Never. Reading is my boredom buster! I have so many different types of books that I read. I alternate them from time to time so that this never happens to me. Bored of reading? Absolutely not! never..ever.... Did I say never? :)
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”