Recently purchased or borrowed?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Ashley Price 3
Favorite Book: Home Body
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-price-3.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Re: Recently purchased or borrowed?

Post by Ashley Price 3 »

I just bought More Than This, a mystery book, and A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

I was at a secondhand store looking for Agatha Christie books. I've never read any but thought I'd try it. What surprised me is they were relatively expensive... the cheapest might have been four dollars. Generally, popular books aren't too costly because so many copies are in circulation, with the exception of higher prices for older editions with nice cover art. At this store I've seen books for five cents... so I figured I'd find one of hers for two dollars. It seems her books are just not cheap in general based on online values. If you ever find an Agatha Christie book for a dollar or two, you should probably jump on it if you are into mystery stories.

Anyways, I got a few comic books instead. I was lucky to find first issues of a few series.
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month

Post by gregs317 »

I recently purchased 2 books.
"Mrs. Entwhistle and the Amish Inn", by Doris Reidy.
"Bless Your Heart Rae Sutton", by Susannah B. Lewis.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

My most recent read is a book I got from the library after reading tons of glowing reviews about it. The tile was Piranesi by Susanne Clark.

I think the book was overrated. The beginning is very good and deals with a fantastic setting. There are also many mysteries which make the book unputdownable, but the ending is a train wreck. There is what one might call a clash of genres which does not resonate harmoniously with me. But the book is an enormous success so I cannot feel justified in telling you not to read it, but my own personal and honest rating would be 2 1/2 of 5.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Jay Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-peter.html
Latest Review: Champagne Widows by Rebecca Rosenberg

Post by Jay Peter »

I have recently borrowed Anna Karenina byTolstoy and I am going to read it. They say it's the best book ever. Let's see

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”