How many books do you read a year?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
callalilly
Bookshelf Size: 0

How many books do you read a year?

Post by callalilly »

My goal is 100 this year. I am also a full time college student, work full time, and have two kids, so 100 is awesome! :)
Dori

Post by Dori »

I try to average at least 50 pages a day. I'm not exactly sure how many books that is a year.
"Fine words will butter no parsnips."
knightss

Post by knightss »

mmm i think i have around 50-60 so far this year
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
awelker

Post by awelker »

I really don't know.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
Linda

Post by Linda »

i wish i made a list of all the books i've ever read in my entire life.
that has nothing to do with how many books i read this year lol but im just putting that out there.

and in 2007 i've probably only read like 30. this year was a partying year lol

and if u read 50 pages a day for a year thats 18,250 pages. it really depends on the length of the books you read. but if u read books that are generally 300 pages long your looking at like 60 books a year. soo wow. good job lol
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
Snurran

Post by Snurran »

I try to read between 70 and 80 books a year. I always write down the title and the author in a notebook together with brief comments about the book and I use it to give my friends advice on good books to read. It is very much appretiated.
Dori

Post by Dori »

Linda wrote:and if u read 50 pages a day for a year thats 18,250 pages. it really depends on the length of the books you read. but if u read books that are generally 300 pages long your looking at like 60 books a year. soo wow. good job lol
Well, I try to average that, but generally I fall short. I just finished Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck which was 107 pages (which averages 53.5 pages for each of the two days it took me to read). However, I've also read Les Miserables (Hugo) and The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone (both over at least 800 pages) this year. I relish reading short stories, perhaps even better than novels. When I go to count the books I've read, I often find the list is smaller than I thought it was :? .
Linda

Post by Linda »

why count in the first place?
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

Ive read 20 this year and next year...my goal is 30-35 :lol:
Dori

Post by Dori »

Linda wrote:why count in the first place?
Good question. I guess it's a habit. Also it helps when people ask how many books you read a year :wink: .
callalilly

Post by callalilly »

I like to count because sometimes I am so busy I forget to read for fun. Then I started wondering in 2005 what I had read. So I decided to keep track. It was interesting to know.
knightss

Post by knightss »

keeping a list isn't a bad idea.. sometimes i forgot about a book until someone mentions it.. then a bubble bursts in my mind and i remember everything again lol
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
awelker

Post by awelker »

derek, do you ever sleep?
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
knightss

Post by knightss »

awelker wrote:derek, do you ever sleep?
mmm very little lol
pushbuttonclick

Post by pushbuttonclick »

i think about approximately 2 books a week.
But lots of exams coming up, so I have to kick back the 'reading for fun' a bit.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”