Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 09:46
gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 00:33 @Gravy A sequel to The Twisted Ones? What is the title? Yes, I am interested.

Circe by Madeline Miller, Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky, and The Library of the Unwritten are on my list.

A Dream So Dark by L.L. McKinney and the first book are on my list as well, but I didn't read the first book yet.

I am game for all of the above. :)

Anyone interested in reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow?
I am just throwing it out there, but I'm interested in reading Circe by Madeline Miller when you get to it. Absolutely no rush, though! I'm working through a couple of books now, so this could be in a "near future" read-a-long. Maybe in a month of two. :)
Awesome! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 00:33 @Gravy A sequel to The Twisted Ones? What is the title? Yes, I am interested.
I completely forgot to give you the title! :doh: :lol:

It's The Hollow Places.
gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 02:54 A pity you don't read ebooks. Since I have got my kindle, I can easily access most books.
I completely agree (it would be so much easier). :lol:
(I still don't quite get what happens that keeps me from processing them. I've found out recently that other people have similar issues, so maybe someone will figure it out one day (yes, I am a total geek that would like to know what is going on in my brain to make this a thing). :lol2: )
hsimone wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 09:46

Circe by Madeline Miller, Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky, and The Library of the Unwritten are on my list.

A Dream So Dark by L.L. McKinney and the first book are on my list as well, but I didn't read the first book yet.

I am game for all of the above. :)

Anyone interested in reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow?
I am just throwing it out there, but I'm interested in reading Circe by Madeline Miller when you get to it. Absolutely no rush, though! I'm working through a couple of books now, so this could be in a "near future" read-a-long. Maybe in a month of two. :)
Cool! :)

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 04:41 Whatever you want. :)

It will take me a few days to finish "The Ten Thousand Doors of January', as I just started it.

Tell me when you start Space Opera and I will try to catch up.
I have gotten so far as to put my bookmark in it. :laughing-rolling:

(I'll post on the thread when I've actually started it. :tiphat: )

gali

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 23:02

It will take me a few days to finish "The Ten Thousand Doors of January', as I just started it.

Thank you for the title. :)

I have started "The Ten Thousand Doors of January", so no rush. Btw, it is about doors that lead to other worlds so I think you would have liked it.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 23:44

I have started "The Ten Thousand Doors of January", so no rush. Btw, it is about doors that lead to other worlds so I think you would have liked it.
Yeah, it looks really interesting! Even with the historical aspect. :lol:
I'll probably sample it at some point.
(I probably would've gone for a read-a-long, but I don't want to make anyone have to wait on me. :oops: )

If you have anything in mind for a read-a-long with no specific time in mind and it's something you think would interest me, I'd love to try getting my hands on it for a read-a-long. :D

gali

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 23:54
gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 23:44

Yeah, it looks really interesting! Even with the historical aspect. :lol:
I'll probably sample it at some point.
(I probably would've gone for a read-a-long, but I don't want to make anyone have to wait on me. :oops: )

If you have anything in mind for a read-a-long with no specific time in mind and it's something you think would interest me, I'd love to try getting my hands on it for a read-a-long. :D
I will think of some books that you may like. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Hi gali, I remember you saying that you really enjoyed the book "A Man Called Ove". Is that right?

I was wondering if you'd be interested a book called "And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer", by Fredrik Backman. This is the same author as "A Man Called Ove". You can check reviews and let me know what you think.

* I wouldn't be ready to start until about a week from now.
gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 18:21 Hi gali, I remember you saying that you really enjoyed the book "A Man Called Ove". Is that right?

I was wondering if you'd be interested a book called "And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer", by Fredrik Backman. This is the same author as "A Man Called Ove". You can check reviews and let me know what you think.

* I wouldn't be ready to start until about a week from now.
Indeed, I loved that book!

"And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer" is rather a short one, but I am interested. As I have a few books I need to finish first, a week or so from now suits me. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Great, I will get back to you next week.
gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 03:22 Great, I will get back to you next week.
:handgestures-thumbup:
A retired Admin/Mod

ms_vinkel
Currently Reading: The Stranger
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-vinkel.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by ms_vinkel »

Hello! :tiphat:

Anyone interested in reading Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao with me? :techie-studyingbrown: It's a good fit for this month's genre, falls under fantasy. It has 42 chapters starring a princess, who is falsely accused of murdering her father, trying to clear her name with the help of a conman while also preventing others from finding her dangerous magic.
gali

Post by gali »

dr_0saki wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 00:04 Hello! :tiphat:

Anyone interested in reading Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao with me? :techie-studyingbrown: It's a good fit for this month's genre, falls under fantasy. It has 42 chapters starring a princess, who is falsely accused of murdering her father, trying to clear her name with the help of a conman while also preventing others from finding her dangerous magic.
It sounds good. A pity it is just the first book in the trilogy. Do you know if it stands on its own? I dislike starting unfinished series, as they tend to end in a cliff-hanger.
A retired Admin/Mod

ms_vinkel

Post by ms_vinkel »

gali wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 01:09

It sounds good. A pity it is just the first book in the trilogy. Do you know if it stands on its own? I dislike starting unfinished series, as they tend to end in a cliff-hanger.
Oh, I forget to include that trilogy bit. Hmm, flipped to the last pages and it looks like it can be a standalone. :D Annnnd, I know how it ends now, :lol:
gali

Post by gali »

dr_0saki wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 01:25
gali wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 01:09

Oh, I forget to include that trilogy bit. Hmm, flipped to the last pages and it looks like it can be a standalone. :D Annnnd, I know how it ends now, :lol:
I didn't mean to spoil it for you. Do you still want to read it?

If you do, I can start it after I finish my current book or whenever you want.
A retired Admin/Mod

ms_vinkel

Post by ms_vinkel »

@gali It's fine. I don't dislike spoilers of ending. :D We can start after you're done! Let me know. Thanks for joining me. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”