Do you dream about books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
april-ballard
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-april-ballard.html
Latest Review: "From The Killer's Eyes" by Morgan C. Amos
Publishing Contest Votes: 5
fav_author_id: 2595

Re: Do you dream about books?

Post by april-ballard »

My dreams tend to be centered around whatever I'm writing on, especially if I am writing just before retiring. So far no bathrooms! lol
That could be good or bad, depending on how you look it at Rex. Hmmm I see dead people.........Are you a fan of horror?
Latest Review: "From The Killer's Eyes" by Morgan C. Amos
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

I had to laugh at this. I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't remember any of my dreams though. But this happens to me sometimes in the day. Say I read somewhere after lunch, and I close my eyes a little bit, then suddenly I'm reading a very interesting book that doesn't even exist. With paragraphs and dialog and everything! This is such a weird thing to happen, but it happens to me more than I would like it to.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
cittin5
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cittin5.html

Post by cittin5 »

I read just before I go to bed, so I usually end up dreaming about whatever I'm reading right then.
beebee216
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beebee216.html
Latest Review: "Braineater Jones" by Stephen Kozeniewski
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by beebee216 »

Happens all the time. I actually really enjoy it though :)
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying" -Oscar Wilde
Latest Review: "Braineater Jones" by Stephen Kozeniewski
rajnijassal56
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rajnijassal56 »

rajnijassal56 wrote:yes i dream about books and feels as i m one of the character. My day completes only when i have read a book. Its an addiction and sweet poison, which more you taste more you want.
reading makes one feel out of the natural circumstances.
It makes me dream about things i never imagined i cud evr hav.
Reading is my passion and i want to make it as my profession. Can someone help?
Lilapo9
Favorite Author: Diane Duane
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 29675">The Ministry of Cantors</a>
Currently Reading: Handbook for Cantors
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilapo9.html
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
Reading Device: B00EM3WGYY
fav_author_id: 4363

Post by Lilapo9 »

There have been books in the past that have "seeped" into my dreams at night. The Harry Potter Series, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and The Wizard Series by Diane Duane especially invaded my dreams. On a non-fiction note I have also had some of the teaching books that I read invade my dreams as well. Sometimes it feels like my brain is trying out things for itself before I get into the classroom to try them in real life.
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
reader1580

Post by reader1580 »

I read every night, but I never really dream about them. Well, I take that back. When I read a book the mood of the book is often the mood of my dream. :D
SHE01

Post by SHE01 »

Dreams only happen from the content, I write. However, books written by others, not so likely.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

I dreamt all night last night about These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I dreamt that I was her in a past life, and I saw scenes from the book as happening to me. I do love that book! I have not read it in many years, but I think it's my favorite out of all of her books. :-)

It's very romantic, especially for readers who aren't into "bad-boy" romances. I highly recommend it, and the books don't really need to be read in order. Some of them are better than others. Anyway, again, this one's my fave!! :mrgreen:
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Post by hannahbm13 »

I dream about books all the time. I always become completely entranced with whatever book, tv show, or movie I've been experiencing. They show up in my dreams more often than not!
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz
cgoss74
Favorite Author: Danielle Steel
Currently Reading: Follow You Home
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgoss74.html
Latest Review: "A Better Part of Heaven" by Mike Lee
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 3250

Post by cgoss74 »

I will occasionally dream about the characters in my books but it is rare for me to remember when I do dream so it doesn't happen often even though I read almost every night before I go to sleep. Reading helps me to clear my mind of the days events and to try not to think about everything I have to do the next day.
Latest Review: "A Better Part of Heaven" by Mike Lee
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

I don`t dream about books in the way that i dream about a story that i have read or that i am part of the story that i have read.

But i have had dreams were i dream that i see a book or buy a book that don`t exist in real life. Often books that i wish existed
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Yes that has happened to me before as well. I also like to read before I go to bed, and sometimes the stories can influence my dreams. I really wish some of the historical stories that I read would get into my dreams lol.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
zjones99
Favorite Author: John Green
Currently Reading: Binge
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zjones99.html
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by zjones99 »

I know that I have had plenty of dreams where I am a wizard at Hogwarts or a tribute in the Hunger Games (preferably a wizard), but I definitely get you. I think it would be quite normal with reading right before bed.
Marie92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie92.html

Post by Marie92 »

Yes. I have read a few books before bedtime and the characters and their situations showed up in my dreams. If the character is making bad choices, it can make a frustrating dream.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”