Where do you like to read a good book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
StephenKingman
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Ok well we shall just move on. Anyway, you are a good walker Swing, thats genuinely the image i have of you now after all the chat on walking! DO you actually walk much then, after all that? :D
You only live once.....so live!
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

Yes, from home to train station, and the other way round :P But when it's warmer I'd walk more. (I am really patient with this question, don't I?)
Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

GotThatSwing wrote:Yes, from home to train station, and the other way round :P But when it's warmer I'd walk more. (I am really patient with this question, don't I?)
Yes, thanks for that, i was just interested after all the time we mentioned it and no doubt it will come up again. I think this thread was once about where to read a book...

Carry on :D
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

Okay, then back to the topic. Does anyone read when walking? :lol:
Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

GotThatSwing wrote:Okay, then back to the topic. Does anyone read when walking? :lol:
Only the big signs on the side of the buildings :lol:

Mind you, i often walk to work but its half 6 in the morning so i can barely open my eyes never mind read..
Mywoodybird

Post by Mywoodybird »

I usually read in my living room or in a doctor's office while I am waiting.
Darkharmony5

Post by Darkharmony5 »

i love to get a good book and sit under the giant oak tree next to the creek that runs through the back pasture of my ranch.
Smblomker
Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Favorite Book: so far all of the house of night series
Currently Reading: beautiful creatures
fav_author_id: 3117

Post by Smblomker »

I've read while walking to catch a bus and then stood there reading tell the bus came. I've also read on the trains going from downtown all the way out to the end and back again, when I didn't have anything else better to do. I just didn't feel like staying home. But, I also take a book with me every where too.
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

Smblomker wrote:I've read while walking to catch a bus and then stood there reading tell the bus came. I've also read on the trains going from downtown all the way out to the end and back again, when I didn't have anything else better to do. I just didn't feel like staying home. But, I also take a book with me every where too.
I read on a bus stop or on train station while waiting too.
Joepr

Post by Joepr »

naked and on bed
Esperanza1988

Post by Esperanza1988 »

I just enjoy reading in my small home. It is the only place no one can disturb me
Pecorino

Post by Pecorino »

Usually when I'm reading, I'm in my own world, so I read someplace that's secure like the library or my room. If it's a public place, usually it's a bookstore or a coffee shop. <3
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I usually read in my recliner or in bed, nothing unusual. the most unusual place i have read a book was leaning back on a tombstone in a cemetary.
BookWorm617

Post by BookWorm617 »

In bed or on the couch. When I was a kid I would sit on the toilet bowl and read for hours. Can you say numb ass!! LOL
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

BookWorm617 wrote:In bed or on the couch. When I was a kid I would sit on the toilet bowl and read for hours. Can you say numb ass!! LOL
That made me laugh ... I used to work with a guy who used to bring a book to the men's room with him & be 'missing' for ages - and he was an 'adult'.

Maybe he had a bowel problem ... not something you could ask :lol:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”