Where do you like to read a good book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
StephenKingman
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Fran wrote:
BookWorm617 wrote:In bed or on the couch. When I was a kid I would sit on the toilet bowl and read for hours. Can you say numb ass!! LOL
That made me laugh ... I used to work with a guy who used to bring a book to the men's room with him & be 'missing' for ages - and he was an 'adult'.

Maybe he had a bowel problem ... not something you could ask :lol:
I never got the whole 'read on the toilet seat' thing, maybe its because i have plenty of fibre, but i have never needed to be on the seat long enough to be able to read anything, even a quick glance!
You only live once.....so live!
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

:lol:

That's why I prefer to buy books instead of borrowing them in library. You never know where people take the book :P

By the way, I saw a man reading a book while walking today. I couldn't resist to smile :)
Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

GotThatSwing wrote::lol:

That's why I prefer to buy books instead of borrowing them in library. You never know where people take the book :P

By the way, I saw a man reading a book while walking today. I couldn't resist to smile :)

OMG I never thought of that :shock:
BookWorm617

Post by BookWorm617 »

StephenKingman wrote:
Fran wrote:
BookWorm617 wrote:In bed or on the couch. When I was a kid I would sit on the toilet bowl and read for hours. Can you say numb ass!! LOL
That made me laugh ... I used to work with a guy who used to bring a book to the men's room with him & be 'missing' for ages - and he was an 'adult'.

I never got the whole 'read on the toilet seat' thing, maybe its because i have plenty of fibre, but i have never needed to be on the seat long enough to be able to read anything, even a quick glance!
LOL You guys are funny!! I didn't read while I was going LOL...I would close the toilet and sit on the cover. Although I do read while I go potty now... I don't sit there for hours!!
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

BookWorm617 wrote:
StephenKingman wrote:
Fran wrote: That made me laugh ... I used to work with a guy who used to bring a book to the men's room with him & be 'missing' for ages - and he was an 'adult'.

LOL You guys are funny!! I didn't read while I was going LOL...I would close the toilet and sit on the cover. Although I do read while I go potty now... I don't sit there for hours!!
But lots of men bring in the paper or a magazine whilst on the seat, now even that requires a few minutes reading, my fibre keeps me on and off in seconds...and im sure you all really wanted to know that :lol:
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

StephenKingman wrote:
BookWorm617 wrote:
StephenKingman wrote: I never got the whole 'read on the toilet seat' thing, maybe its because i have plenty of fibre, but i have never needed to be on the seat long enough to be able to read anything, even a quick glance!
But lots of men bring in the paper or a magazine whilst on the seat, now even that requires a few minutes reading, my fibre keeps me on and off in seconds...and im sure you all really wanted to know that :lol:
Thanks for sharing this. I was just about to ask you about that...
Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

^ No probs, Swing. Just think- you can sleep easy now in this knowledge, always happy to help.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

GotThatSwing wrote:
StephenKingman wrote:
BookWorm617 wrote: LOL You guys are funny!! I didn't read while I was going LOL...I would close the toilet and sit on the cover. Although I do read while I go potty now... I don't sit there for hours!!
Thanks for sharing this. I was just about to ask you about that...
We'll all sleep better knowing that
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

A friend of mine read everything sitting on the pot. He even called his bathroom the library.
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

My concern about books from library is getting more and more serious :P
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Might not be a bad idea to use spray Lysol on library books.
Gannon
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

GotThatSwing wrote:My concern about books from library is getting more and more serious :P
Every library should have a "Guard" stationed outside the toilets and not let anyone in who is carrying a book. I can just see it, "SIR STEP AWAY FROM THE DOOR AND RETURN THAT BOOK!". :D
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
Aileenhu
Currently Reading: Daisy Chain War

Post by Aileenhu »

What I can think of...
A particular seat in my school library.
Under a particular tree near my home.
On the couch.

Sorry if they sound boring,
Ail.
:D Enjoy your day~
prarich
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarich.html
Latest Review: "The Angel with Burnt Wings" by Scarlett Jensen

Post by prarich »

I like reading at home or during transit or while waiting in public places. It passes away the time in a jiffy!
Latest Review: "The Angel with Burnt Wings" by Scarlett Jensen
claire mckay
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-mckay.html
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine

Post by claire mckay »

In the sun, head in the shade and legs in the sun! And of course a short break for ice cream!
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”