please suggest some intresting books

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
majinka
Bookshelf Size: 0

two good reads

Post by majinka »

Have you read the secret subversive evidence behind the DA VINCI CODES?
Get hold of The Secret History of Christianity by malcolm brocklehurst it is a laymans guide to the truth.

also he has written an entertaining historical novel The house of cavendish ~ outroads...well worth the read.
Marion_786

Post by Marion_786 »

The Believng Brain by MchaeL Shermer; nonfiction AND VERY GOOD
Stieg Larson's books, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and then the remaining two. EXCELLENT!
Mary Barton - Elizabeth Gaskell
new and modern classics

Join a book club, and don't be afraid to read out of your comfort zone. In other words, read what you like but push beyond!
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Marion_786 wrote:Join a book club, and don't be afraid to read out of your comfort zone. In other words, read what you like but push beyond!
I agree. Reading is an adventure in itself, so get out there and explore new authors to find out what treasures they have written for you.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Property1234

Post by Property1234 »

Thank you so much,Bighuey, Susanwingate ,Mystery Reader, patrickt.for your suggestion.
Marion_786

Post by Marion_786 »

Highly suggest that anyone who may be curious about WHY humans believe as they do; religious/spiritual belief, paranormal, political, conspiratoral, check out The Believing Brain (Michael Shermer). The reasons for any belief are not what we assume they are!
Excellent!!
Geneen Karstens

Post by Geneen Karstens »

The Blue Nowhere by Jeffery Deaver is a good read. Also anything by Leon
Uris is too.
Marion_786

Post by Marion_786 »

Excellent suggestion about Leon Uris! Exodus is a great history lesson for any who have no understanding about what happened after World War II and is just a darn good read!
GINGER

Post by GINGER »

Hi,Ajay.I just finished reading " One Thousand Whit Women" by Jim Fergus. Although it was published in 1998 it got a short blurb in the NYT.If you enjoy historical fiction about the western settlement of the U.S. I think you would enjoy this one.
Lpark27

Post by Lpark27 »

I'm new here...but I really must suggest The Brain Vault or anything by Lawrence Kelter. He writes really interesting mystery/detective books!
Hs122333

Post by Hs122333 »

Shutter Island is a awesome thriller book.i really enjoyed to read these books.
Hedeya.net

Post by Hedeya.net »

nice books
Noseinbooks

Post by Noseinbooks »

If you like thrillers authors like Lee Child and Michael Connelly are excellent reads. They are both series with the protagonist remaining the same throughout. Full of suspense and action.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

One of my favourite suspense authors is Kate Atkinson. She has written a series featuring ex-policeman Jackson Brodie and the plots build slowly, entwining various people, overlapping subtle facts until the twists and turns form a conclusion. Except for a train wreck in one book, they are not explicit or gruesome.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Downtown1441

Post by Downtown1441 »

Even if you don't generally like the genre, "Gates of Fire" is one of the most incredible novels ever written. Complete thrilling page-turner, and really well researched on top of that.
Davinci

Post by Davinci »

Ian Rankin
Henning Mankell
they are my favourite atm

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”