Regular Reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Vogin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Regular Reading?

Post by Vogin »

I was just wondering if you guys read on a somewhat regular basis, say daily or something like that; basically because I have great laps. There are times where I don't read anything for three months and then I read like 18 hours per day... the latter of course means that I read pretty much anything I get my hands on, regardless of quality.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

It varies depending on what is going on in my life but I would generally read everyday. Normally while commuting to & from work, lunchtime & almost always for some period at nightime but any few minutes I have to spare I'll pick up my current book.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Simworm
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: White Noise - Don DeLillo
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Simworm »

Since I'm a stay at home mum/long distance learning uni student, I read regularly at night or when I am procrastinating doing my studies.....
"Oh, tis love that makes the world go round" - Lewis Carroll
Dragonflytears

Post by Dragonflytears »

I work full time, plus I'm a single mom of 2 youngins, but I find time to read at night before bed. It helps me unwind from the day

Of course it helps that I work for the most amazing place for books :wink: :wink:
~ “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” ~ Stephen King

Join us on facebook: bookoutletcom
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

My books pile up and I delve into them when I feel like it. Usually I have two novels on the go. Due to the demands of daily life, I would not say I am a regular reader. And other things take my interest, like weekend newspapers especially the book reviews!
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Melaniep

Post by Melaniep »

I always read in bed at night to clear everything out of my head. Sometimes, depending on the day and the book, I'll read during the day as well.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Im the epitome of unreliable when it comes to reading: I can take up to 3 months to read a short book, reading a chapter here and there, or i can read a large book in one sitting, it really depends on my mood, what im doing, how long im working, where I am etc. I do try and read as often as i can but generally im more of a weekend reader than a weekday one. :D
You only live once.....so live!
Dragonflytears

Post by Dragonflytears »

I'm horrible for not putting a book down. I read all 4 in the Twilight series in less than a week. I was blind for a while after that. :wink:
~ “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” ~ Stephen King

Join us on facebook: bookoutletcom
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I dont have any set time, Im retired so I usually have the time to read whenever I want. I generally read a longer novel during the day when I can concentrate on it and I read short stories at night that I dont have to get into very deeply. I tend to nod off at night with a longer novel so short stories at night work good for me.
Vogin

Post by Vogin »

Dragonflytears wrote:I'm horrible for not putting a book down. I read all 4 in the Twilight series in less than a week. I was blind for a while after that. :wink:
Exactly my attitude. I'm always like "but why should I put this down, I'm almost finished, just 200 pages to go..." :D (I read rather fast)
Simworm wrote:Since I'm a stay at home mum/long distance learning uni student, I read regularly at night or when I am procrastinating doing my studies.....
Oh yeah, my attempts to read Legends of Dune during my exams were, shall we say, not so wise.
Julisjoy

Post by Julisjoy »

I try to read at night before bed. Since I am newly unemployed, I have a couple of books I have started.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Julisjoy wrote:I try to read at night before bed. Since I am newly unemployed, I have a couple of books I have started.
Sorry to hear your unemployed but glad you're getting on with your reading.
I'm sure things will improve on the job front soon
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
grady bryant

Post by grady bryant »

To replay to you question of how much I read. I have to have a book by my bed side every night to read a few chapters. It helps me go to sleep an also I can check out other writers. You'll be surprized how it helps you with your own writing.
Davinci

Post by Davinci »

I tend to read a lot when I discover a new author then I have some quieter period when I read less. I'm quite a fast reader. There`s not enough hours in my day ....
Barbarabillig
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbarabillig.html

Post by Barbarabillig »

I'm an addicted reader and have been all my life. I would read the cereal box if that is all that's available. Paperbacks are my favorites since they are light to hold when reading in bed - around 2 am every morning I wake up and read for an hour. Terry Callister emailed me a copy of his newly published fiction novel, "The Catalytic Programme" and I tried to read it on my laptop but it was too cumbersome. So I opened it on my smartphone - and LOVED reading on it. (The book was very good, also). The smartphone has apps for all the Ebooks, it is lit so you can read without a light, and the text is resized to whatever you want. Plus - you always have your phone with you. There are tons of free ebooks and 99 cent Ebooks. Anyone have a free or 99 cent Ebook to recommend?
Barbara Griffin Billig

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”