Do you discuss a book after reading

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
avid reader28
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avid-reader28.html

Re: Do you discuss a book after reading

Post by avid reader28 »

Ya, usually. when I meet with my friends, we discuss the last books we read :)
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

No i never do that.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Thesaurus Rex
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thesaurus-rex.html

Post by Thesaurus Rex »

No! My books are my personal business!
Ealasaid
Favorite Author: Unfair To Ask That
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 284">Emily of New Moon</a>
Currently Reading: The Princes of Ireland: The Dublin Saga
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ealasaid.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ealasaid »

I like to discuss books after I read them, and that is why I joined this website. :) If I know someone who has read the book, I will usually pester them to talk to me about it (my husband, my mom, a friend, etc.). I am hoping my local library will form a book club in the future.
"I dwell in Possibility" - Emily Dickinson
Zoe303
Favorite Book: And Then There Were None
Currently Reading: Around the World in Eighty Days
Bookshelf Size: 240

Post by Zoe303 »

I don't, just because I have no one to discuss it with, lol! (Most people here don't read :( ) but I'd love to meet someone who read the same books I read. I sometimes read books and just long to discuss them with someone, I sometimes think I'll die if I didn't do that, but thank God it passes, lol! XD The least I could do is to review them, which is close enough. :/
“Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.” –P.J. O’Rourke
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I love discussing books that I've read! I like to gain new insights and get fresh perspectives on the book. If I recommend a great book to someone, and they enjoy it as much as I did, I feel a sense of accomplishment :D
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

No. I only come to this website for the free refreshments.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
beebee216
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beebee216.html
Latest Review: "Braineater Jones" by Stephen Kozeniewski
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by beebee216 »

I'm really annoying about it actually lol. I will finish a really good book and tell everyone they need to read it. But then I get so impatient, I just end up rambling the entire story to them. Which is why I was so elated to find this site, where rambling about books is encouraged. Well that, and people can't throw pillows at you to shut up online.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying" -Oscar Wilde
Latest Review: "Braineater Jones" by Stephen Kozeniewski
Leila +7
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leila-7.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Leila +7 »

I would love to if another person has read it too.
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

Fran wrote:Absolutely ... for me part of the joy of reading is discussing books, stories & characters, getting opinions of other readers and agreeing or disagreeing with their opinions. I'm constantly amazed at how different readers respond to a book and how heated they can become in defending their opinion ... and I sometimes end up thinking I've read a completly different book!
For me reading may be a solitary pursuit but being a reader is in most cases a gregarious & sociable personality type.

I completely agree. I generally discuss books as I am reading them. Every night I tell my boyfriend about the lastest book I am reading and he does the same or the latest book his company is working on that looks interesting. I love discussing books.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
Supcoolfofa01
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supcoolfofa01.html
Latest Review: "Funny Stories for Kids: The Big Fat Mermaid" by Dweezel and Pallie
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by Supcoolfofa01 »

I hate to discuss a book afterwards because I think it takes all the fun out of it and reminds me of school. However I do usually give my mom a long descriptive summary of the book if it was really good.
Latest Review: "Funny Stories for Kids: The Big Fat Mermaid" by Dweezel and Pallie
Meg0169
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg0169.html
Latest Review: "Night of the Chupacabra" by Michael Hebler

Post by Meg0169 »

I tend to enjoy talking about it, whether I hated it or I loved it. If I love it, I will want to talk about it for a good week or two. Usually my husband is the one who will have to listen, or my mother, and they both like different genres than I do, but they listen nonetheless.
Latest Review: "Night of the Chupacabra" by Michael Hebler
VinuW
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinuw.html
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
fav_author_id: 782

Post by VinuW »

Yes. I discuss about characters, plot twists, certain scenes of the book with my friends. I even read reviews to see if other people liked it or not.
“He who jumps may fall, but he may also fly. It’s time to jump.” Lauren Oliver, Requiem
Latest Review: "The Prodigal Daughter" by Patricia Nmukoso Enyi
coyshari
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by coyshari »

I love talking about what's happening in my books and how they end. It's just finding someone interested. I tell my husband whether he cares or not. If there's a part I really like I read it to him. He's gotten used to it.
kenyahdelacruz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kenyahdelacruz »

After reading a book i think about it a lot and if i find that i either like the book enough or dislike it enough then i will discuss it with others. I'll discuss it with those that i know that enjoy reading it annoys me when i have to talk to those who don't enjoy reading about books.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”