THE REWARD

The deadline for the second contest has already passed and the stories are available for reading. It had a Spring theme, and the winner got a $25 gift certificate. Stay tuned for information regarding another contest!
Are you an author, publisher or webmaster? Contact Scott if you would like to sponsor the next short story contest.
Mmeyene Ekpo
Currently Reading: The Stolen Heir
Bookshelf Size: 4

THE REWARD

Post by Mmeyene Ekpo »

:arrow: As bright as the morning sun could shine in calabar,in Africa,Nigeria.
I live with my family in a small remote town,Every day i go out fishing with my friends but we got little or no fish and the villagers will see us as babies.This is my story.
THE REWARD My name is Adeyemi,Me and my friends, we love fishing.
One day we went fishing and we caught no fish at the shore,we proceed to the middle of the river,cast our nest and hoping for a great catch.Our hopes got crushed only to find a rainbow like stone in the net.Getting home i held the stone and wish it was raining so i can sleep.suddenly it started raining, looking at the stone then i knew the reward for my patience and labour in the river that day had paid me with a wishing stone.
EnclosedReviewer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enclosedreviewer.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by EnclosedReviewer »

The story of Adeyemi in a small Nigerian town is a tale of hope and unexpected reward. Despite facing challenges in their daily fishing, his discovery of a magical wishing stone brings an element of magic and wonder to the narrative, leaving readers with a sense of the extraordinary amidst the ordinary.

Return to “Short Story Contest”