The 10 Best Books in the World

The deadline for the second contest has already passed and the stories are available for reading. It had a Spring theme, and the winner got a $25 gift certificate. Stay tuned for information regarding another contest!
Are you an author, publisher or webmaster? Contact Scott if you would like to sponsor the next short story contest.
Abdo41
Currently Reading: One String Attached
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abdo41 »

Reading is a great way to learn about new cultures, explore different perspectives, and expand your knowledge. There are many great books out there, but some stand out as being truly exceptional. Here are the 10 best books in the world, in no particular order:

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: This classic fantasy novel tells the story of Frodo Baggins, a hobbit who must destroy the One Ring, a powerful artifact that threatens to destroy Middle-earth.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: This romantic comedy tells the story of Elizabeth Bennet, a young woman who must choose between two suitors.
Hamlet by William Shakespeare: This tragedy tells the story of Hamlet, the prince of Denmark, who is haunted by the ghost of his father and must avenge his death.
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: This novel tells the story of Jay Gatsby, a wealthy man who is obsessed with Daisy Buchanan, a woman he loved and lost.
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger: This coming-of-age novel tells the story of Holden Caulfield, a teenage boy who is expelled from his boarding school and goes on a journey through New York City.
1984 by George Orwell: This dystopian novel tells the story of Winston Smith, a man who lives in a totalitarian state and must fight for his freedom.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams: This science fiction comedy tells the story of Arthur Dent, a man who escapes the destruction of Earth with his friend Ford Prefect, who is actually an alien researcher for the titular Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: This novel tells the story of Scout Finch, a young girl who witnesses the trial of a black man accused of raping a white woman in the American South during the Great Depression.
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck: This novel tells the story of the Joad family, who are forced to leave their home in Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl and travel to California in search of a better life.
These books have been praised by critics and readers alike for their timeless stories, well-developed characters, and beautiful prose. They are sure to entertain and enlighten readers of all ages.

Why these books are considered the best

There are many reasons why these books are considered the best in the world. Some of them are:

They are well-written and engaging. The authors of these books are masters of their craft, and their writing is both enjoyable and thought-provoking.
They tell timeless stories. The themes and messages of these books are still relevant today, even though they were written centuries ago.
They have had a lasting impact on popular culture. These books have been adapted into movies, television shows, and other forms of media, and they continue to inspire and entertain new generations of readers.
How to choose the right book for you

There are many factors to consider when choosing a book to read. Some people prefer to read fiction, while others prefer nonfiction. Some people like to read books that are challenging and thought-provoking, while others prefer to read books that are relaxing and enjoyable.

Here are a few tips for choosing the right book for you:

Consider your interests. What kind of stories do you like to read? What are you interested in learning about?
Read reviews. Reading reviews can help you get a sense of what a book is about and whether it is something you would enjoy.
Start with a classic. Many of the best books in the world have stood the test of time. Reading a classic is a great way to introduce yourself to the best of what literature has to offer.
No matter what your interests or preferences, there is sure to be a book out there that is perfect for you. So pick up a book and start reading!
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

I think Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart should be on this list. That book played a leading role in promoting literature and film entertainment. I would put it in my own list. Great list by the way.
EnclosedReviewer
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enclosedreviewer.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by EnclosedReviewer »

I'm impressed with your book list! It looks like a fantastic selection. I can't wait to dive into it and explore these titles more closely. Thanks for putting together such a great list – I'm excited to start reading some of these books!
Peace Ingabire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Peace Ingabire »

My favorite book is The Grapes of Wrath and To Kill a Mockingbird such great stories in there and great work you did to put up this list, can't wait to see more coming
Chockanathan G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Chockanathan G »

If I had chance to read all the book in the world, I would have definitely choosen the best book. As far as my reading, "The Final Keystone" is one of the best book.
Nallely Rangel
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Nallely Rangel »

Eh lerido dos libros de esta lista y me encantaria leer mas de ellos tienen un gran mensaje en su literatura son fantasticos…

Return to “Short Story Contest”