Favorite fiction book that had a hidden recipe

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Claudia DCD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sorcpenz.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Favorite fiction book that had a hidden recipe

Post by Claudia DCD »

The book series Tea Shop Mysteries by Laura Child and Natalie Tan's Book of Luck and Fortune made me think of this topic. I love reading about great and new foods, love the descriptions and trying to recreate it back at home. We make scones and cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches now because of my love of tea parties and such.

What books had great food descriptions or recipes in them? I need more suggestions to dive into.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Try Yesterday, by Samyann! It is a great romance and historical fiction novel very educative about Chicago and the Civil War. You will also find the recipe for Idiot's Delight, a simple yet delicious desert. It should go well with the tea :).
Mari Thompson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

If you like mystery books, try any of the Hannah Swenson Mystery books by Joanne Fluke, they have hidden recipes in them.

I really enjoyed “Carrot Cake Murder,” it is the tenth book in the series and it’s awesome! I loved the salmon cake recipe and dill sauce. There are other recipes in the book too.
Shiru Elizabeth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

Reading novels with embedded recipes adds an extra layer of enjoyment. "Like Water for Chocolate" by Laura Esquivel, where each chapter is tied to a recipe, is a captivating journey blending literature and culinary art.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”