What's your favorite recipe using bananas?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Covid Murders by Greg Vigdor
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

What's your favorite recipe using bananas?

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

Hi guys! I got a bunch of bananas and was wondering if anyone is willing to share there favorite recipes using bananas. I've made banana bread and banana cupcakes, but I was wondering what else could be made using bananas. I've been thinking of trying to make banana cream pie but that seems complicated. Anyone willing to share any recipes? Beginner friendly is a plus, but delicious is a must.

Here is the banana cupcake recipe, they are delicious and easy, even if I struggled a bit making the frosting:
ABEB61E1-D49E-4C44-BC82-CFEB009F4E44.jpeg
ABEB61E1-D49E-4C44-BC82-CFEB009F4E44.jpeg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 148 times
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

My favorite recipe using bananas is the fluffy pancakes,so delicious.
Sandra Smith 18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-smith-18.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Sea by Nina Purtee

Post by Sandra Smith 18 »

I love bananas! One of the easiest recipes using bananas is a smoothie. Just peel them and put them in the freezer until they are firm. Then blend them up with other frozen fruits, greens, etc. to make a quick nutritious snack. My favorite smoothie is one and a half frozen bananas, two to three dates or about a half tablespoon of maple syrup or honey, cacao/cocoa powder, a little water, one half to one scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional), a pinch of sea salt (optional), a spoonful of peanut butter or a few raw pecans, peanuts or cashews, and two or three frozen strawberries. This makes a delicious "chocolate shake."
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Covid Murders by Greg Vigdor
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

Sandra Smith 18 wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 21:57 I love bananas! One of the easiest recipes using bananas is a smoothie. Just peel them and put them in the freezer until they are firm. Then blend them up with other frozen fruits, greens, etc. to make a quick nutritious snack. My favorite smoothie is one and a half frozen bananas, two to three dates or about a half tablespoon of maple syrup or honey, cacao/cocoa powder, a little water, one half to one scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional), a pinch of sea salt (optional), a spoonful of peanut butter or a few raw pecans, peanuts or cashews, and two or three frozen strawberries. This makes a delicious "chocolate shake."
That does sound really good. I do have a blender and in college when I had bananas I would frequently have strawberry banana or chocolate banana smoothies before rushing off to class. It's good brain food.
Martha Echeverria
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Martha Echeverria »

I second the freezing of the bananas and using them in a shake. My husband loves adding two frozen bananas to some almond milk, adding a large scoop of peanut butter, and if he is feeling really fancy he adds a little bit of mocha drink mix.

If you want something easy and yummy, I like making banana pudding. Use Vanilla pudding mix fallow box instructions, get nilla wafer (the small circle cookies, generic version, and other cookies like this works too), cool whip/whip topping, and slice up your bananas. Than layer them. cookie, pudding, bananas, cool whip, cookie, pudding, bananas, cool whip.

Not very fancy and kind of junk foody, but so good.
Sandra Smith 18
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-smith-18.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Sea by Nina Purtee

Post by Sandra Smith 18 »

Yum! Glad you had healthy brain food before your classes. You can also make pancakes with bananas. I don't have a recipe handy, but I think you can add bananas to your pancake mix as well as use the bananas as an alternative ingredient to replace other ingredients in a traditional pancake recipe. If you have a dehydrator, even a cheap one, you could make some banana chips!
Joy Habuya
Currently Reading: The Maidens
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-habuya.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 105%

Post by Joy Habuya »

Two-Ingredient Banana Pancakes!
All you need are two ripe bananas and some eggs. Mash the bananas, whisk in the eggs, and cook on a pan like regular pancakes. They're naturally sweet from the bananas, and you can add chocolate chips, nuts, or even some spices like cinnamon for a little extra flavor.
Kirti Saraff
Currently Reading: A Walk to Remember
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirti-saraff.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Kirti Saraff »

Banana and walnut cake.
Ashley Price 3
Favorite Book: Home Body
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-price-3.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Ashley Price 3 »

I love putting melted peanut butter and chocolate on top of banana pieces and freezing for a few hours for the perfect snack.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

My favorite recipe using bananas is the classic Banana Bread. I've tried many variations, but the one I keep coming back to is the Banana Bread recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”