Cheese making

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Kuhu_b1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Cheese making

Post by Kuhu_b1 »

Today I prepared cream cheese from scratch. I know it sounds like a daunting task, but believe me it's not that complicated.
Take a big heavy bottomed pan.
Add 1 litre full cream milk. Bring it to boil, and immediately bring down the temperature to the lowest. Add 1 liter buttermilk to it, and increase the temperature. Keep stirring the mixture for the entire time. Bring it to boiling point. You will see that the whey and cheese curds have separated. You can add half a cup of cold water to it and keep boiling the mixture. After the mixture reaches boiling point, switch off the stove.
Now, spread a cheesecloth on the inside of a big strainer. Make sure that the cheesecloth is big enough to hang outside the strainer.
Now pour the cheese and whey mixture inside the strainer. Let it be there till it cools down. Once the cheese has cooled down, squeeze the cheesecloth tightly, make it into a round ball, and keep it hanging on your kitchen sink overnight.
Next day, when the cheese is all dry, pour it into a food processor, add 50 liter full cream, and churn it till everything gets mixed evenly.
And voila your cream cheese is ready.
Now, if you want to add flavor to it, you can add salt and pepper, or garlic paste and salt, or parsley paste and salt... the choice is endless.
Hope you guys will try this recipe; and if you like it, please, please let me know.
Cheers
doggie-11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by doggie-11 »

Sounds like a lot of work.
Muatafa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Muatafa »

I like it
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

That is a new thing to me, I never heard that before. Thanks for sharing, I adored your work.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

I haven't tried making cheese before but I've gained something from reading your post
Liza Chulukhadze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

In my village people still prepare every milk product from scratch. Their work is amazing and tiring. My respext to those people.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”