Pregnancy Cravings

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Paige Alvarado
Currently Reading: Night Chills
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paige-alvarado.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Pregnancy Cravings

Post by Paige Alvarado »

So I am about 14 weeks pregnant, and my cravings are all over the place! With my first baby, all I ever wanted was caesar salads and buffalo wings with chunky bleu cheese. This time, I want margherita pizza, grapes, apples, pickles dipped in peanut butter... I guess I should be thankful to be craving healthier things??

Ladies, what kinds of things did you crave when pregnant?
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

I craved chips and sausages and ate them like crazy during pregnancy.I thought I was going to give birth to a sausage :drool:
Wanja Hannah
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wanja Hannah »

I mostly craved chips masala and 🌽 corn roasted or boiled. Crazy things that come with the pregnancy.
Wanja Kenya
Mrs-a-ellsworth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Mrs-a-ellsworth »

French fries! Something about the greasy starches I guess. Also while I haven't had a craving for spicy foods, my tolerance for spicy salsa or spicy chips has increased. We figured that out when I finished off a bag of my husbands Salsa Verde Doritos without realizing it was the spicy kind.
Bambiears
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bambiears.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Bambiears »

I was CRAZY about mustard, I did not know I was pregnant untill two and a half months along, one day I stopped on my way into my kitchen to eat yet another table spoon of my third bottle of the stuff and asked my self, why are you sneaking! into your kitchen to eat spoon after spoon of mustard? It is your mustard and you dont normally have a passion for the stuff any ways have you lost your marbels?
Bambiears
Currently Reading:

Post by Bambiears »

pshaw1414 wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 21:22 So I am about 14 weeks pregnant, and my cravings are all over the place! With my first baby, all I ever wanted was caesar salads and buffalo wings with chunky bleu cheese. This time, I want margherita pizza, grapes, apples, pickles dipped in peanut butter... I guess I should be thankful to be craving healthier things??

Congratulations on the addition to the family, may you receive many hours of joy and entertainment from the little bundel.
Bambiears
Currently Reading:

Post by Bambiears »

pshaw1414 wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 21:22 So I am about 14 weeks pregnant, and my cravings are all over the place! With my first baby, all I ever wanted was caesar salads and buffalo wings with chunky bleu cheese. This time, I want margherita pizza, grapes, apples, pickles dipped in peanut butter... I guess I should be thankful to be craving healthier things??

Congratulations on the addition to the family, may you receive many hours of joy and entertainment from the little bundel.
Paige Alvarado

Post by Paige Alvarado »

Bambiears wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 22:42

Thank you!!
Paige Alvarado

Post by Paige Alvarado »

Bambiears wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 22:40 I was CRAZY about mustard, I did not know I was pregnant untill two and a half months along, one day I stopped on my way into my kitchen to eat yet another table spoon of my third bottle of the stuff and asked my self, why are you sneaking! into your kitchen to eat spoon after spoon of mustard? It is your mustard and you dont normally have a passion for the stuff any ways have you lost your marbels?
Hahaha. I totally get the mustard craving though. Once I wasnt sure what to make for dinner, so I went with pasta cause I knew my husband and baby would eat it. I decided to make it cheesy, add broccoli, and, for whatever reason, I put in mustard in it. My husband still hasnt forgiven me.
Paige Alvarado

Post by Paige Alvarado »

Mrs-a-ellsworth wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 16:20 French fries! Something about the greasy starches I guess. Also while I haven't had a craving for spicy foods, my tolerance for spicy salsa or spicy chips has increased. We figured that out when I finished off a bag of my husbands Salsa Verde Doritos without realizing it was the spicy kind.
YES spicy food has been so tasty both times I have been pregnant.
Bambiears
Currently Reading:

Post by Bambiears »

pshaw1414 wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 22:01
Bambiears wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 22:40 I was CRAZY about mustard, I did not know I was pregnant untill two and a half months along, one day I stopped on my way into my kitchen to eat yet another table spoon of my third bottle of the stuff and asked my self, why are you sneaking! into your kitchen to eat spoon after spoon of mustard? It is your mustard and you dont normally have a passion for the stuff any ways have you lost your marbels?
Hahaha. I totally get the mustard craving though. Once I wasnt sure what to make for dinner, so I went with pasta cause I knew my husband and baby would eat it. I decided to make it cheesy, add broccoli, and, for whatever reason, I put in mustard in it. My husband still hasnt forgiven me.
Oh DEAR that sounds like somthing that would go down in family history. Lol

When I got married I married into a tottally diffrent culture and while trying to prepare a new dish for me i put fried onions into what was suposed to be a desert. That was four years ago and my mother in law , sister in law ,and husband will never let that be forgotten.
Thehorselover
Currently Reading: Irma's Daughters
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thehorselover.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Thehorselover »

Pasta and cheese sticks with marinara sauce.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I am not pregnant but I plan to be soon and this is scary since I crave foods on a daily basis.
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

My mother ate so much canteloupe and macaroni salad when she was pregnant with me. I absolutely hate both of the foods now. I am curious as to what I will crave when I am pregnant, but I have a feeling it will involve pickles or olives!
Dontasia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dontasia »

Pickles dipped in peanut butter? 🤢 . I get asked am I pregnant all the time cause I eat cookies , cakes or cereal with cold water 😩

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”