What is your favorite book/movie that centers around food?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Re: What is your favorite book/movie that centers around food?

Post by Reader-247 »

No reservations was a nice chick flick about food- Loved Catherine Zeta Jones and her character's fierceness when it came to her food :)
ReadMeow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readmeow.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by ReadMeow »

This may sound a bit juvenile but I love Rataouille. French was the language I chose to learn in high school and college and I love to cook and cute animals. But I always found the wizard candy in Harry Potter was fascinating too. I have made butter beer and pumpkin juice several times and also Kreacher's onion soup.
Mariesg
Currently Reading: Detention of Doom
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariesg.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Mariesg »

The movie that first comes to mind when thinking about food is Like Water For Chocolate, which is a beautiful movie and romance. I haven't read the book but I remember my mom telling me each chapter starts with a different recipe. It's beautiful to see this story and others where the main character loses themselves in their cooking as a way to deal with their life. It makes me want to cook more. I've been wanting to read Julie and Julia since I've already seen the movie. I'm hearing some good things about The Chef. Can anyone tell me who it's by so I can read it? Please and thank you :)
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

I know it's not a movie, but Somebody Feed Phil is amazing. The way the man has a sincere enjoyment of food is really something to behold. I'm an absolute fan.
"She remembered who she was.
And then the game changed."
77way
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by 77way »

I love so much Jamie the make chef movie, or the book of recipe Jamie Oliver, very nice cuisines from some countries, European, Mediterranean's, Italian, Chinese, or another Asian cuisine, he can do it so much and perfect.
MrsTurner2013
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsturner2013.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by MrsTurner2013 »

cookiedough wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 22:43 Ratatouille is my favorite movie about food. The animations of Paris throughout the movie were beautiful and it felt like we were there with Remy for the journey. This inspired me to try ratatouille and it is a delicious meal.
Ratatouille is my favorite as well. The images of Paris are amazing! Most important though is it reminds me that, just like everything, there is beauty within food. You just have to be willing to take the time to see it.
DominikaS
Favorite Book: Picasso At The Lapin Agile
Currently Reading: Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominikas.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by DominikaS »

Disney Ratatouille, BEST film about cooking, and has a great story line. Also not a film but cooking shows like Come Dine With Me, pure entertainment.
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

Ratatouille 🍰 Since I was a kid until now, this movie still amazes me 😁
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

MrsTurner2013 wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 08:38
cookiedough wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 22:43 Ratatouille is my favorite movie about food. The animations of Paris throughout the movie were beautiful and it felt like we were there with Remy for the journey. This inspired me to try ratatouille and it is a delicious meal.
Ratatouille is my favorite as well. The images of Paris are amazing! Most important though is it reminds me that, just like everything, there is beauty within food. You just have to be willing to take the time to see it.
I agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also if we stopped to smell the flowers more, we would be amazed at the beauty already surrounding us.
Nimwel Fae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimwel-fae.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Nimwel Fae »

I haven't got the chance of reading a book that centered around food because I usually prefer crime/thriller books. But movies, I guess the movie Chef and Burnt. But I do love watching cooking shows and variety shows which revolves around food. And my favorite chef is Gordon Ramsay. :D
Amalia Lantano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amalia-lantano.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Amalia Lantano »

a hundred foot journey.... It has good story and does not sacrifice the love for food in the way the story is told.
angelanikkicea
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelanikkicea.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by angelanikkicea »

Chef is one of my ultimate favorite films. :D
chaugeen
Currently Reading: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Bookshelf Size: 1326

Post by chaugeen »

I loved the book Julie and Julia. It’s so funny and the food descriptions are amazing! My favorite food related movie is A Hundred Foot Journey.
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

Not really a movie, more like a show. I used to watch Gordon Ramsay cook and inspired me to try different recipes.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

A Korean movie, little forest is my favorite. In this film, the heroine, who works in busy city, returns to her hometown. There she prepares meals using fresh items gathered from her surroundings. I was unfamiliar with Korean cuisine at the time I saw that film. All of the dishes she did in the film amuse me much. I was completely enthralled by that film. I always wished to live in a place where I could cook using groceries that I had grown myself. I want to live that natural life while cooking, eating and serving the dishes I made to other

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”