how to become a better cook

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Maria-T
Bookshelf Size: 0

how to become a better cook

Post by Maria-T »

How to cook better meals:

1. For a beginner, start with simple for example boiling vegetables, including pasta noodles. Make sure your knife is sharp and ingredients are cut into thin slices to ensure ingredients cook fully.

2. Ensure there is some flavour in the dish for example choose ripe vine or cherry tomatoes instead of salad. Try to add a hint of chilli if possible with an adequate level of salt.

3. Always keep an eye on your dish throughout cooking procedure to ensure food is not burnt or become dry.

4. For a healthier meal, try to always ensure there is at least one vegetable in any dish whatsoever. A great way to keep up with vegetables for a balanced diet.

5. Do not rush your meal take things slowly, adding each ingredient one at a time.

6. Avoid frying food if possible, instead opt for cooking. However if you decide to cook fish such as salmon it is better to fry rather than oven cook.

7. Try to avoid takeaways in order to maintain a healthier diet including a strong immune system. Fatty foods will ruin the digestive system it is better to cook home food even if it's chick peas!

Lastly practice goes a long way in preparing tastier meals! Always take criticism positively to improve your cooking skills everyday.
Karen30
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Karen30 »

This are very well explained in each sentence. Eating healthy is the best way to keep the body strong inmune. If we look an average of people eating healthy I think is like a 40 percent or less why? because people prefer to buy fast food that is less expensive than actually buy a healthy food. For example a meal of hamburger, fries and coke is like $8 the most expensive and when people buy salad with water it can cost like $10 tp $12. Is like grocery everything organic is expensive and not everyone can afford buying healthy food all the time. Great points you make in this article.
AdamRedWolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamredwolf.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by AdamRedWolf »

Good tips.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
- Bokonon (Kurt Vonnegut), Cat's Cradle
tannus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tannus.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by tannus »

Thank you so much for the neatly explained tips. I am sure these will help many like myself. I will try to follow your instructions.
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

Nice tips and great explanations. As for the last point, definitely practice goes a long way in improving your cooking skill.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

Some very well explained tips. Thank you very much.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

Thanks for the tips. I will them into practice right away.
DominikaS
Favorite Book: Picasso At The Lapin Agile
Currently Reading: Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominikas.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by DominikaS »

As long as you practice you should become better
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

Thanks so much for the tips, I cant learn enough
Mariamm Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariamm-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Post by Mariamm Ibrahim »

One of the ways to become a better cook is by practicing day by day and the more you practice the better you'll be
The Dodo Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-dodo-writer.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by The Dodo Writer »

Maria-T wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 18:48 How to cook better meals:

1. For a beginner, start with simple for example boiling vegetables, including pasta noodles. Make sure your knife is sharp and ingredients are cut into thin slices to ensure ingredients cook fully.

2. Ensure there is some flavour in the dish for example choose ripe vine or cherry tomatoes instead of salad. Try to add a hint of chilli if possible with an adequate level of salt.

3. Always keep an eye on your dish throughout cooking procedure to ensure food is not burnt or become dry.

4. For a healthier meal, try to always ensure there is at least one vegetable in any dish whatsoever. A great way to keep up with vegetables for a balanced diet.

5. Do not rush your meal take things slowly, adding each ingredient one at a time.

6. Avoid frying food if possible, instead opt for cooking. However if you decide to cook fish such as salmon it is better to fry rather than oven cook.

7. Try to avoid takeaways in order to maintain a healthier diet including a strong immune system. Fatty foods will ruin the digestive system it is better to cook home food even if it's chick peas!

Lastly practice goes a long way in preparing tastier meals! Always take criticism positively to improve your cooking skills everyday.
Thanks a lot for this. I know how to cook, but this gave me more ideas. You should consider making a course out of this.
T J 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-j-6.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by T J 6 »

I read a lot of recipes and watch cooking shows and videos for tips. I start with easy dishes and perfect them first.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Saima Rahman »

These tips are so apt. I used alot of these tips when I started cooking and I still use them.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

These are excellent tips. There are cooking apps that can help, especially apps with step-by-step video instructions. If you're a visual learner like me, those apps are beneficial.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

The way we can become a better cook is by practicing everyday and trying different recipe. As we all know that practice makes perfection.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”