Too Much Olive Oil

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Caribqueen16
Favorite Book: The Employee Millionaire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caribqueen16.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Too Much Olive Oil

Post by Caribqueen16 »

I know that olive oil is beneficial to the body, but is there such a thing as using "too much olive oil" when cooking on a daily basis? I do not use any other oil to cook with except olive oil.
Where there is a will, there's got to be a way :D
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I think olive oil is good when it’s uncooked like on salads and hummus. I almost never use it for cooking because I have heard that it can raise cholesterol.
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I would say no. I have come to really like olive oil and only use it for cooking. This will sound weird but trust me it works. It also works on mosquito bites. You would be amazed how it works on mosquito bites.
Liza Chulukhadze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I think anything too much would be bad for anyone. Everything should be balanced and fit in norms of daily consumption.
Gavin Justin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gavin Justin »

Olive oil is very good for health. But as you know that excess of everything is bad.
Between one and two tablespoons a day is a good amount of olive oil to consume. Otherwise, it may cause acne, allergy, body rashes and other issues.
Bookreader1433
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreader1433.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Bookreader1433 »

Olive oil is great for you but I have heard it’s best uncooked.
davidwarner5500
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by davidwarner5500 »

Consuming excessive amounts of olive oil can have both positive and negative effects on your health. While olive oil is generally considered a healthy fat, it is important to moderate your intake due to its high caloric content. Here are a few points to consider:

Calories: Olive oil is calorie-dense, containing about 120 calories per tablespoon. Consuming large quantities of olive oil can contribute to an excess calorie intake, which may lead to weight gain over time.

Nutritional Balance: While olive oil is a good source of monounsaturated fats and antioxidants, it is still important to maintain a balanced diet. Relying too heavily on olive oil may result in an inadequate intake of other essential nutrients from different food groups.

Digestive Issues: In some cases, consuming excessive amounts of olive oil can lead to digestive discomfort, such as diarrhea or an upset stomach. This may vary depending on individual tolerance levels.

Heart Health: Moderate consumption of olive oil has been associated with numerous health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease. However, exceeding recommended portions may negate these benefits and potentially have a negative impact on heart health.

To ensure a balanced and healthy diet, it is recommended to moderate your olive oil intake and incorporate a variety of other nutritious foods into your meals. Consulting with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian can provide personalized guidance based on your specific dietary needs and health goals.
Last edited by davidwarner5500 on 14 Jul 2023, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.
Dangel Tejares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dangel-tejares.html
Latest Review: The Sum of All the Pieces by Paul Bradford

Post by Dangel Tejares »

Of course, anything that is consumed way too much could be dangerous to the body. The world is advanced now and they bow was invented like a pan that doesn’t need oil. You may resort to using it.
Natalia Salvador
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-salvador.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Natalia Salvador »

I went to Italy and they use olive oil for everything honesty just don't have too too much but its good.
Jagulani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagulani.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Jagulani »

Olive oil is good for the body you know.
Geremew Dubale
Currently Reading: The Faith of Helen Keller
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Geremew Dubale »

It is risk factor to develop stroke and like disease
Geremew Dubale
Currently Reading: The Faith of Helen Keller
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Geremew Dubale »

I don't like if it is too much.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I am sure that most of the oils produced today are not healthy. I want to start making my own olive oil and if anyone has the ability to do so, I think you should too.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”