'8 GLASSES OF WATER PER DAY' RULE

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
lionelpenn3
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 268

Re: '8 GLASSES OF WATER PER DAY' RULE

Post by lionelpenn3 »

It also depends on the person's body type.
Persons whose diet consists of greater portions of high-water content foods like fruits and veggies, may not need that much. It is important to discuss your particular needs in more detail with your physician or an alternative medicine practitioner to get the best results in your particular situation.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

It's a rule that requires sacrifice and determination. During hot season it is fulfilled at 100% other days it's trial and error situation.
Julia J 1
Currently Reading: The Priory of the Orange Tree
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-j-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Julia J 1 »

My sister is a doctor, and she said that this rule is more of a suggestion than rule. Most of the time you should be able to tell how much water you need and it really depends on your diet. For example, if you drink a lot of coffee or any other highly caffeinated drink you should be matching that with a glass of water or two to be safe. Also exercise comes into play, when you sweat .. you lose a lot of water so you might be drinking 'eight glasses a day' but still being dehydrated. And the obvious- alcohol. Hangovers are mainly just your body being severely dehydrated.

So I think, drink eight glasses a day .. just because it's not a bad amount but adjust to your activities and food consumption and you'll be fine. More water is usually better.
Asya Shpakovskaya
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asya-shpakovskaya.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination: by J. Dawson Williams, D. Min.

Post by Asya Shpakovskaya »

Julia J 1 wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 02:29 My sister is a doctor, and she said that this rule is more of a suggestion than rule. Most of the time you should be able to tell how much water you need and it really depends on your diet. For example, if you drink a lot of coffee or any other highly caffeinated drink you should be matching that with a glass of water or two to be safe. Also exercise comes into play, when you sweat .. you lose a lot of water so you might be drinking 'eight glasses a day' but still being dehydrated. And the obvious- alcohol. Hangovers are mainly just your body being severely dehydrated.

So I think, drink eight glasses a day .. just because it's not a bad amount but adjust to your activities and food consumption and you'll be fine. More water is usually better.
I would agree, human body is generally signaling whenever there is a lack of something. Actually it's impossible to name the particular universal amount of water (or whatever) you need to consume. The "perfect amount" differs from human to human, depending on activity level, biological characteristics, etc.
Feel free to experiment and will find out. :mrgreen2:
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

I try so hard to keep it but it is hard, like really hard. But I recently bought something that has been helping. It is a water bottle that contains all the water you need to drink in a day. I definitely still struggle but I drink WAY more water than I did before. Plus it is sustainable and good for the environment.
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

Don't even bring it up. I've been trying to keep up, but it's been difficult. Especially in the winters... I've been attempting to consume as much as possible, but...
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

I tend to meet the requirement without realizing it. I generally don't drink any alcohol or sodas. So, water is my go-to in every situation. The key is to start the day by drinking a couple of glasses. If you can drink 3 glasses of water before you leave for work, it will be easier to reach the 8 glasses a day mark. Also, having a water bottle at your side is helpful. If I don't see it I will put off drinking water until I am extremely thirsty.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Blessing O 2 »

I break the rules most times, I find it difficult to keep to it.
RobinAbraham
Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinabraham.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by RobinAbraham »

I don't consciously meet that particular rule. I drink depending mostly on thirst. I don't think that rule goes for everyone though.
Samuel Mamo
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-mamo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Samuel Mamo »

I've tried many times, but i couldn't persist even for month.
Zulaykha_001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulaykha-001.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Zulaykha_001 »

I just can't abide by that rule, I'll pee almost every hour if I do
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by fridamadrid »

i'm so bad at drinking water, but having a bottle with me at all times helps me stay hydrated through the day
Gabriela Contreras
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriela Contreras »

I was obsessed with this rule a long time ago. It's a lie. The amount of water you should drink is not measured by glasses (I mean, what type of glass should we use, an 8oz. one or a 16oz.), it depends on each body, amount of exercise, and other factors. I do not count my water anymore so I break the rule
Gabriela Contreras
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriela Contreras »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 28 May 2020, 23:26 Might sound weird, but I like the taste of water. (I know people say water is tasteless but still). I can easily drink up 8-10 glasses everyday.
Infusing water with veggies and fruits makes it even better.
Only water drinkers know water does have a taste. I only drink water (not 8 glasses, maybe more, maybe less as I do not keep track nor believe in this rule).
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

I drink water only when I'm thirsty. I don't think I've ever had 8 glasses of water in a day. I probably drink around 4 glasses of water throughout a day.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”