What crafty thing are you working on?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Re: What crafty thing are you working on?

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

i'm trying to upcycle some old clothes that I haven't worn for ages. My current project is to convert a floor length cotton tie-dyed dress into a pair of cool summer harem trousers.
Erica Sahm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Erica Sahm »

That is so crafty AND great for the earth! I want to start on a macrame table runner for the holidays. I already have a beautiful burgundy cord and a design idea, I just need to get started.
Feman8714

Post by Feman8714 »

I am covering a plastic bottle with sticks and after covering that bottle I will add water in it and a money plant ....
Amal Hamami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Amal Hamami »

I’m diamond painting a home sweet home piece
EnclosedReviewer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enclosedreviewer.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by EnclosedReviewer »

I'm currently working on a crochet blanket, but I have to admit I've been a bit lazy about finishing it. The pattern is lovely, and the colors are soothing, but it's a long-term project that I pick up whenever I have some free time. Hopefully, I'll complete it soon!
Gams0812
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven!
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gams0812.html

Post by Gams0812 »

Gravy wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 22:22 Beings this forum now includes crafts, what crafty things are you working on?

Like many people recently, I've been busy sewing masks for my family.

I've also dabbled in countless other crafts over time, and love hearing what everyone is working on!

Last year I bought wooden plaques/planks and transferred pictures onto them and gave them as Christmas presents. Everyone loved it. Still trying to figure out what I am going to do this year.
MetellaStella
Currently Reading: Emotional Intelligence
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by MetellaStella »

Jada Hawkins-Hill wrote: 10 Sep 2023, 19:00 I’ve recently started making my own rugs for family and friends! This idea was inspired because I had just moved to my first apartment and wanted a large rug, however, I did not like the price for a big rug. Naturally a creative person, I decided to make my own! After a year of scouring the internet about rug tufting, I took the leap to start about a month ago. Acquiring all of the equipment has been a little expensive, but finally having a creative outlet has been worth it! So far, I’ve made four rugs (a bass for my brother who loves fishing, a portrait of a former instructor’s newborn granddaughter and his business logo, and currently working on a logo for a former coworker), and have several orders in queue to start on!
71391051551__45E4AFF7-4A6A-4984-835D-BA661C3DF6CE.jpeg
IMG_2384.jpeg
71583194799__DAD51C2C-0E8E-4899-AEA7-9FB32DE0C67F.jpeg
What materials are these made of?
MetellaStella
Currently Reading: Emotional Intelligence
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by MetellaStella »

Lizzie Mustard wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 11:47 i'm trying to upcycle some old clothes that I haven't worn for ages. My current project is to convert a floor length cotton tie-dyed dress into a pair of cool summer harem trousers.
Neat!

I like seeing inverse tie-dyes where they're colored cloth and treated with a mild bleaching agent of some sort.
Jamessmith0901

Post by Jamessmith0901 »

I'm currently experimenting with making geometric wall art from recycled materials! It's definitely a challenge, but I love the eco-friendly aspect and the end result is always unique.
Jada Hawkins-Hill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jada-hawkins-hill.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Jada Hawkins-Hill »

MetellaStella wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 19:41
Jada Hawkins-Hill wrote: 10 Sep 2023, 19:00 I’ve recently started making my own rugs for family and friends! This idea was inspired because I had just moved to my first apartment and wanted a large rug, however, I did not like the price for a big rug. Naturally a creative person, I decided to make my own! After a year of scouring the internet about rug tufting, I took the leap to start about a month ago. Acquiring all of the equipment has been a little expensive, but finally having a creative outlet has been worth it! So far, I’ve made four rugs (a bass for my brother who loves fishing, a portrait of a former instructor’s newborn granddaughter and his business logo, and currently working on a logo for a former coworker), and have several orders in queue to start on!
71391051551__45E4AFF7-4A6A-4984-835D-BA661C3DF6CE.jpeg
IMG_2384.jpeg
71583194799__DAD51C2C-0E8E-4899-AEA7-9FB32DE0C67F.jpeg
What materials are these made of?
I use Big Twist 100% acrylic yarn and the cloth that I tuft on is monk’s cloth, with a non-slip backing.
Kiki_6002

Post by Kiki_6002 »

I've been making ponchos,bags,shorts,tops and skirts
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I am working on embrodery at the moment.
Joanna Perry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanna-perry.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Joanna Perry »

I see there aren't any recent comments, but I'll go ahead to see if any crafters are reading. I love quilting, knitting, crochet, and sewing. I recently joined a quilt club and love the support and enthusiasm of the other quilters. it's amazing how my activity in the craft has increased since making friends with other people with the same interests. The positive reinforcement is especially helpful.
dealogically
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dealogically.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the things that really matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by dealogically »

I've been crocheting dolls. It keeps my hands busy, so I am not overthinking everything. My favorite book is Animal Friends of Pica Pau by Yan Schenkel.
ryancreads_214
Currently Reading: The London Séance Society
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryancreads-214.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by ryancreads_214 »

I taught myself crochet during COVID and have been working on crocheted Christmas gifts and projects this month.

My projects this month have included Christmas gift ornaments, a men's winter fedora, a cat toy, a strawberry bonnet cat hat, and a couple of small stuffed animals.

I'm looking forward to starting a temperature blanket for my daughter for 2024, once the holidays are over.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”