What crafty thing are you working on?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Re: What crafty thing are you working on?

Post by TrishaCleve »

Good thinking. I had a man around awhile back, and he conjured up a headboard for my little twin bed. When I say conjured, that I mean.
He took apart a computer desk to build it. The desk was getting tossed at the time. It remains the best headboard I've ever had.
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
Julie Basil
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I enjoy a wide variety of crafty activities, and most recently I crocheted a small birthday crown for my son's upcoming first birthday.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
krits
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by krits »

Today i design and decorate personalized greeting card for my special friend.I love handmade cards💕
Andrea Alexander 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Andrea Alexander 1 »

Remodeling my house, one slow and tedious task at a time.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

TrishaCleve wrote: 29 Jul 2023, 07:38
Monishka Sharma wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 09:55 Creating journals and notebooks online
Have you found any good apps for journaling online? I'm more of a scissor and glue gal, but I'm trying to understand what's available online these days.
yepp!!
There is an app called "LunaDiary". Its theme is moon and the lunar cycle. feels really calming and peaceful plus is saves the pages/content in your account so whenever u login from other devices, its all there. also easy to use but has paid theme packages.
Ayesha Faraz
Currently Reading: Before the Coffee Gets Cold
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-faraz.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Ayesha Faraz »

I recently started crocheting and I must say, I think I do quite well for a beginner. I'm currently working on a patchwork cardigan and it's taking forever!
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I have started painting rocks for my garden. They need to be smooth and either round or oval shaped like pond rocks. I have gotten many great ideas from Pintrest.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP

Post by TrishaCleve »

Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis wrote: 11 Aug 2023, 15:38 I have started painting rocks for my garden. They need to be smooth and either round or oval shaped like pond rocks. I have gotten many great ideas from Pintrest.
I've been wanting to start a rock garden. I have been picking up a rock here and there when I walk my doggies. The plan is to amass enough to create the rock garden out by the road, so that people strolling by can take a rock that calls to them, and/or leave a rock to brighten somebody's day.
One never knows what a neighbor is going through in their world. One positive idea that someone can put in their pocket might make be just what they need then. I hope to give people in my neighborhood a reason to smile, if only for one moment.
I got the idea from Pinterest as well. There are a million and five awesome and uplifting ideas there that nearly anyone can put together. Love it!
Trisha Lee
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP

Post by TrishaCleve »

Monishka Sharma wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 08:40
TrishaCleve wrote: 29 Jul 2023, 07:38
Monishka Sharma wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 09:55 Creating journals and notebooks online
Have you found any good apps for journaling online? I'm more of a scissor and glue gal, but I'm trying to understand what's available online these days.
yepp!!
There is an app called "LunaDiary". Its theme is moon and the lunar cycle. feels really calming and peaceful plus is saves the pages/content in your account so whenever u login from other devices, its all there. also easy to use but has paid theme packages.
Thank you for the app idea. I'll check it out tonight! Is there a way you can earn a credit of some sort if I mention you turned me on to the app?
Thanks again :)
Trisha Lee
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP

Post by TrishaCleve »

krits wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 12:53 Today i design and decorate personalized greeting card for my special friend.I love handmade cards💕
Me too! When you make something with your own two hands, to me, it is more valuable than gold. I haven't had one recipient who doesn't enjoy their gift.
Trisha Lee
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

Haven't made anything yet buh, I'll want to make a chair where i can sit on and read my book made by me.
a1coder
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by a1coder »

It's wonderful to hear about your recent sewing project of making masks for your family! Sewing is such a versatile craft that allows for both practical and creative expression. In terms of my current crafty endeavors, I've been deeply engrossed in a woodworking project. I'm working on crafting a hand-carved wooden chess set, meticulously carving and shaping each piece to bring out its unique character. Woodworking offers a sense of connection to the materials and a meditative process that I find truly rewarding. Just like you, I'm always fascinated to learn about the diverse range of crafts that people are passionate about. It's inspiring to see how each craft captures a different essence of creativity and skill.
Daniel D Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-d-carter.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Daniel D Carter »

I'm currently knitting a doll. People often find a deep sense of satisfaction and fulfillment in knitting, which is why it's a beloved craft for many. I am one of those people.
Daniel D Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-d-carter.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Daniel D Carter »

Completing a knitting project, whether it's a small scarf or a complex sweater, provides a tangible sense of accomplishment. That is why I love it.
MetellaStella
Currently Reading: Emotional Intelligence
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by MetellaStella »

Gravy wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 22:22 Beings this forum now includes crafts, what crafty things are you working on?

Like many people recently, I've been busy sewing masks for my family.

I've also dabbled in countless other crafts over time, and love hearing what everyone is working on!
Are forum members allowed to send pictures? Can we see?

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”