What crafty thing are you working on?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Blanche Stone
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blanche-stone.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Icon Re: What crafty thing are you working on?

Post by Blanche Stone »

My daughter and I made tye dye snowflakes... She's autistic and we do a craft daily.
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Post by TrishaCleve »

aazminsyeda wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 12:42 I am trying to make snowflakes by learning how to cut paper in different styles. :oops:
[/quote/

I have taken a fancy to ShadowBoxes. They are also created using cut paper (sometimes many layers of it) to create a 3D type picture. I'm all ears if you know of any good books relating to ShadowBoxes.
I would love to see a picture of the snowflakes you have completed :)
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
aazminsyeda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aazminsyeda.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by aazminsyeda »

from youtube. :techie-studyinggray:
the grand millennial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by the grand millennial »

I'm currently working on a crocheted scrap sweater. I'm trying to get rid of all the yarn scrapes that I've collected from all the craft projects that I attempted over the years. I've already cut the amount I've been dragging around for the last ten years creating a giant muti-colored cocoon sweater.
TheBlueRaven
Favorite Book: The Steppenwolf
Currently Reading: Contact
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theblueraven.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by TheBlueRaven »

I am doing embroidery! it is very relaxing and I am looking forward to have enough skills to mix illustration with it. So far only stitching flowers and doing a couple totebag for the family.
Also! I am learning o make gel nails with cute designs, although my left hand is always perfect and the right one is a mess xD
Lastly, drying all kid of flowers with different methods (I am doing so much more, but those three are the ones I work the most on).
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I have really been into adult coloring because I like to use the pictures' I color to make cards with them or add them onto other crafty ideas for backgrounds of pictures to post on instagram along with books.
DaynamirenDigg
Favorite Author: Mary Higgins Clark
Currently Reading: The Wizard of OZ An Other Narcissists
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4614

Post by DaynamirenDigg »

Greetings👋
I recently started re-sharpening my crochet skills. I used to crochet and had not none it in years but I wanted to start again. I started practicing during the month of December 2022, and it's just like riding a bike, you never forget. I will need to pick upy speed again but that will come with continued practice, and making sure that I am practicing daily. I also plan to start back sewing this year because I would like to begin sewing scarves, and other items👍🧵🧶
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

My sister taught me how to make bead earrings and necklaces while I was still in school. I advanced to making clutch bags, key holders and belts.
Recently, I learnt how to sew clothes and make wigs. I have made two beautiful wigs for myself. I can't wait to make more.
Ma Leonarda Castañares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-leonarda-casta-ares.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ma Leonarda Castañares »

I'm obsessing over journaling the title page of my book after reading them!
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Post by TrishaCleve »

Vicki Kemp wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 11:16 I am making greeting cards. I also paint, but making greeting cards for people is so relaxing and rewarding. I love letting someone know that I care, that they are special and matter to me! It is a small thing to do, but joy can be found in the smallest of things...even in a smile!
Good morning Vicki:)
I also enjoy making greeting cards for my friends and family.
As of late, I have been gifting sets of 'Thank You' cards.
I like to incorporate watercolor into my cards; I believe watercolors give my gifts a very personal touch.
This+3
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
Queenelene
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Queenelene »

Crocheting My niece's sweater it's a wonderful experience. I can't wait to surprise her.
bookishbrain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by bookishbrain »

Scrapbooking is a craft that I have come to love over the years. It's a way for me to preserve and document special memories, and to express my creativity in a unique and personal way.

To start a scrapbook, I gather all of the materials I need, including papers, stickers, stamps, and embellishments. I then choose a theme or color scheme for my book, which helps to tie all of the pages together.

Next, I begin to add my photos and mementos to the pages. I like to use acid-free and lignin-free materials to ensure that my memories will last a long time. I also use a variety of techniques to add interest to my pages, such as layering, matting, and journaling.

One of my favorite things about scrapbooking is that there are no rules. Each page is a reflection of my own personal style and creativity. I can use any materials, techniques, or designs that I like, and the end result is always a one-of-a-kind creation.

Scrapbooking is a wonderful way to document and cherish the special moments in my life. It's a craft that allows me to be creative, and to relive my memories in a tangible way. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to preserve their memories in a unique and meaningful way.
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

Been observing my mom crotchet for many year and recently I found an interest in the same. Am hoping to learn as many designs as possible before my holiday ends
WavingWaterz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by WavingWaterz »

Great question! Well, lately I'm getting back into embroidery, and it's such a wonderful way to spend a long afternoon. :D Other than embroidery, I dabble in painting when the mood strikes.
Adele Pooley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adele-pooley.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Adele Pooley »

I've taken the plunge and am making my first crochet top with filet bell sleeves. It's an easy pattern, but I have not done the bell sleeve style before. Excited and a little nervous at the outcome, haha.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”