What crafty thing are you working on?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Re: What crafty thing are you working on?

Post by TrishaCleve »

Carlos,
I do not find your ambitions to be crazy in the least. When I was a young girl, my Grandpa built me a two-story doll house with all of the furnishings of an average house in those times. I enjoyed it for years, and so did my two younger sisters. There is a baby girl in the family now, and that dollhouse will be passed on to her next.
I think the DIY dollhouse is not a reason for anyone to call you crazy. I think it is a fabulous idea. Have fun :)
:D
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

Thank you! I'm honestly excited about it so, at least, it will be fun! Reading your experience is as well a good encouragement!
If I manage to do it in some point, I will post a pic!
Mhoreni Kheji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrina-david.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mhoreni Kheji »

I have been working on interior design recently I have a lot of passion for it.
Sheri Iodice
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheri-iodice.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sheri Iodice »

I love to craft and bake but haven't had much spare time lately. I have a craft room that is awesome! However, it has become a storage room so I am working on getting things cleaned out again so that I can enjoy crafting again. I have several projects that I am wanting to start working on. Included in those are some wine bottle decor, jewelry and some ceramics that I have been waiting to paint for holidays!
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP

Post by TrishaCleve »

Carlos Mata Saenz wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 18:56 Thank you! I'm honestly excited about it so, at least, it will be fun! Reading your experience is as well a good encouragement!
If I manage to do it in some point, I will post a pic!
I am excited to see! :doh:
I need to get a pic or two posted as well :/

This+3
Trisha Lee
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

Recently, I have been trying to learn how to make notebook covers with fabrics. They are absolutely beautify and great for gifts.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:

Post by Only Joeseph »

Sheri Iodice wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 15:05 I love to craft and bake but haven't had much spare time lately. I have a craft room that is awesome! However, it has become a storage room so I am working on getting things cleaned out again so that I can enjoy crafting again. I have several projects that I am wanting to start working on. Included in those are some wine bottle decor, jewelry and some ceramics that I have been waiting to paint for holidays!
I love crafts too but a lot of things have been taking up my time. Recently, I have started making out time intentionally to do crafty stuff. Everyone have only but 24 hours in a day; why does mine seem shorter? :cry:
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:

Post by Only Joeseph »

This+3 wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 09:27 Carlos,
I do not find your ambitions to be crazy in the least. When I was a young girl, my Grandpa built me a two-story doll house with all of the furnishings of an average house in those times. I enjoyed it for years, and so did my two younger sisters. There is a baby girl in the family now, and that dollhouse will be passed on to her next.
I think the DIY dollhouse is not a reason for anyone to call you crazy. I think it is a fabulous idea. Have fun :)
You all are so lucky. I wish I had a doll house while growing up or something equivalent. I can imagine having something as beautiful as that to pass on to younger ones and even kids.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:

Post by Only Joeseph »

Robinlloyd17 wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 11:28 In 2020 I taught myself how to crochet! (Thank you YouTube! ) I'm getting the hang of it and have started working on an Afghan using the granny squares pattern. My first big project was a baby blanket for my first grandson. That was so exciting and fun! I'm looking forward to many more projects and the money I make from reviewing books will go toward more yarn!
YouTube is a great place to learn a lot of things. The craft I'm currently engaged in, I learnt it from YouTube too. It will be nice to see some of your work. :D
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:

Post by Only Joeseph »

Mutuma Clare wrote: 04 Feb 2023, 09:08 Been observing my mom crotchet for many year and recently I found an interest in the same. Am hoping to learn as many designs as possible before my holiday ends
Oh wow. Did you learn some? I'm most interested in seeing the designs you've made, if any.
Sheri Iodice
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheri-iodice.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sheri Iodice »

Only Joeseph wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 09:02
This+3 wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 09:27 Carlos,
You all are so lucky. I wish I had a doll house while growing up or something equivalent. I can imagine having something as beautiful as that to pass on to younger ones and even kids.
I agree. My dad made each of us girls dollhouses when we were little girls. it was one of my favorite presents. Then when I had my daughter, I built one for her with furniture, carpet, all kinds of things. She is planning on handing it down to her kids and adding her touch to it. Those things are the treasured gifts...
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

Would be great to see your art work. Am currently learning sign language
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP

Post by TrishaCleve »

Mutuma Clare wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 14:04 Would be great to see your art work. Am currently learning sign language
How are you learning? I know the alphabet, but not many other signs. I would like to learn more, just don't know the best way.
Trisha Lee
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Merits Anih »

I'm actually not into any craft at the moment, but I wish I could be. What kind of craft can I engage in? I'm working most of the time and reading for the rest. Is there a craft I can squeeze in?
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

I’m learning to ride a bike. I still get scared but I try
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”