What crafty thing are you working on?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
MetellaStella
Currently Reading: Emotional Intelligence
Bookshelf Size: 14

Re: What crafty thing are you working on?

Post by MetellaStella »

Julie Basil wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 21:39 I enjoy a wide variety of crafty activities, and most recently I crocheted a small birthday crown for my son's upcoming first birthday.
Should've noted the first post was a couple years ago..... same question, is anybody allowed to send picturesof their crafts?
MetellaStella
Currently Reading: Emotional Intelligence
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by MetellaStella »

zibma wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 07:55 Lately, I have been creating an art craft on canvas using ceramic mortar and acrylic paint. It has been a cool experience that I will definitely repeat again
Is it like those slightly-3D acrylic pieces where they pile on the paint until it sticks out of the canvas?
Kate Lam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Kate Lam »

I love to crochet :). Otherwise, I'd love to do miniature furniture but couldn't find balsa wood, i bought plywood but it's so hard to cut lol. it's on pause
Amoha123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amoha123 »

The craft things which I am doing now a days is making of painting, cards making and origami. It is a type of creative work. Through this any person can become a great artist.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SoeFTXvbpK8
prachitomar

Post by prachitomar »

I have a keen interest in craft, Most of the time I try to make best from the waste like few days back I made a wall Hanging form CD disc and cotton buds.
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Post by TrishaCleve »

Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis wrote: 11 Aug 2023, 15:38 I have started painting rocks for my garden. They need to be smooth and either round or oval shaped like pond rocks. I have gotten many great ideas from Pintrest.
Hiya :)
I love Pintrest!! Sooo many good ideas!
My difficulty is that I find too many good ideas; I start one, then find another that catches my eye before the one I am working on gets finished. Evidently, I am not the only one that has this problem. My local library has a class, one day a month, to work on unfinished Pintrest projects. Of course, I am too fixated on the project I am working on right then to even get to go.
I think that will be my goal for this month. I will make it to the library's Pintrest Day.
Thanks for the inspiration!
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
Jada Hawkins-Hill
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jada-hawkins-hill.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Jada Hawkins-Hill »

I’ve recently started making my own rugs for family and friends! This idea was inspired because I had just moved to my first apartment and wanted a large rug, however, I did not like the price for a big rug. Naturally a creative person, I decided to make my own! After a year of scouring the internet about rug tufting, I took the leap to start about a month ago. Acquiring all of the equipment has been a little expensive, but finally having a creative outlet has been worth it! So far, I’ve made four rugs (a bass for my brother who loves fishing, a portrait of a former instructor’s newborn granddaughter and his business logo, and currently working on a logo for a former coworker), and have several orders in queue to start on!
71391051551__45E4AFF7-4A6A-4984-835D-BA661C3DF6CE.jpeg
71391051551__45E4AFF7-4A6A-4984-835D-BA661C3DF6CE.jpeg (3.96 MiB) Viewed 633 times
IMG_2384.jpeg
IMG_2384.jpeg (3.48 MiB) Viewed 633 times
71583194799__DAD51C2C-0E8E-4899-AEA7-9FB32DE0C67F.jpeg
71583194799__DAD51C2C-0E8E-4899-AEA7-9FB32DE0C67F.jpeg (3.69 MiB) Viewed 633 times
Renate Lubaua
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renate-lubaua.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Renate Lubaua »

I am into crocheting. I learned as a kid, but somehow picked it up during covid and havent stoped. Working on all sorts ot things, clothing, bags, toys etc. And audiobooks while I am doing it 🤭
Alison Dart
Currently Reading:

Post by Alison Dart »

My crafts always shift but recently I put together a decorative desk shelf from wood I had stored. My inspiration all came from Pinterest, of course 😂
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP

Post by TrishaCleve »

Renate Lubaua wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 00:53 I am into crocheting. I learned as a kid, but somehow picked it up during covid and havent stoped. Working on all sorts ot things, clothing, bags, toys etc. And audiobooks while I am doing it 🤭
I like your enthusiasm! Keep up the good work! :text-bravo:
Trisha Lee
Erin Nakasato
Favorite Author: Alice Oseman
Favorite Book: Purpose
Currently Reading: How to Keep House While Drowning
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-nakasato.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini
fav_author_id: 7375

Post by Erin Nakasato »

I have so many crafts going on right now. I have a baby blanket, a temperature throw blanket, another blanket, a cardigan, a small tapestry, a plaid pumpkin, and 2 cross stitch projects. Oh and thats all crochet projects (besides the cross stitch)
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

TrishaCleve wrote: 11 Aug 2023, 20:27
Monishka Sharma wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 08:40
TrishaCleve wrote: 29 Jul 2023, 07:38

Have you found any good apps for journaling online? I'm more of a scissor and glue gal, but I'm trying to understand what's available online these days.
yepp!!
There is an app called "LunaDiary". Its theme is moon and the lunar cycle. feels really calming and peaceful plus is saves the pages/content in your account so whenever u login from other devices, its all there. also easy to use but has paid theme packages.
Thank you for the app idea. I'll check it out tonight! Is there a way you can earn a credit of some sort if I mention you turned me on to the app?
Thanks again :)
no there is not, but thank you for asking.
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP

Post by TrishaCleve »

Alison Dart wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 20:47 My crafts always shift but recently I put together a decorative desk shelf from wood I had stored. My inspiration all came from Pinterest, of course 😂
:text-goodpost:
Pinterest!! Love It :)
Trisha Lee
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP

Post by TrishaCleve »

Erin Nakasato wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 12:08 I have so many crafts going on right now. I have a baby blanket, a temperature throw blanket, another blanket, a cardigan, a small tapestry, a plaid pumpkin, and 2 cross stitch projects. Oh and thats all crochet projects (besides the cross stitch)
Your list of crochet projects currently on your workbench is fascinating. :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Trisha Lee
Malthide Jones
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

I have taken an interest into cyber security. I plan on developing secure networks to stop internet fraud.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”