Cooking tea

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
mburualmighty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Cooking tea

Post by mburualmighty »

Have guys ever tried cooking tea with a mixture of rosemary and ginger
It has always been my best
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

I've never done that combination, but I do have a large rosemary plant so I'll have to try! I really like to make tea with ginger, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon, then putting a little honey in each cup.
Sammy00
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sammy00 »

I love tea. But I drink only classic Chinese green tea. Here’s a recipe how to make it: 1)Heat water, boil a cup in which you will brew tea. 2)Pour the leaves into a teapot. 1 teaspoon per 1 glass of water will be enough. 3)Fill with water, wait 20-40 seconds and pour out the water. This will clean the teapot from dust and foreign odors. 4) Then fill again with water and leave to infuse for about 2 minutes. This will be enough for the first brew. For each subsequent exposure time increase by 15-20 seconds. You can brew green tea at least 5 times, some varieties up to 8 times. In this case, each cup will differ in aroma, taste, color of the drink.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

Rosemary and ginger? Never thought of that combination but I'll have to try it.
-Amy
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

Try cooking tea with lemongrass and ginger. It's super refreshing. Also, try Indian Masala Tea, it tastes amazing.
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

Sammy00 wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 03:52 I love tea. But I drink only classic Chinese green tea. Here’s a recipe how to make it: 1)Heat water, boil a cup in which you will brew tea. 2)Pour the leaves into a teapot. 1 teaspoon per 1 glass of water will be enough. 3)Fill with water, wait 20-40 seconds and pour out the water. This will clean the teapot from dust and foreign odors. 4) Then fill again with water and leave to infuse for about 2 minutes. This will be enough for the first brew. For each subsequent exposure time increase by 15-20 seconds. You can brew green tea at least 5 times, some varieties up to 8 times. In this case, each cup will differ in aroma, taste, color of the drink.
:angelic-little:
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

I haven't thought of using rosemary and ginger to make my tea. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on it
Liza Chulukhadze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I have tried many different combinations of tea but never with ginger. It would be interesting I think.
Susan Kaluki
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Susan Kaluki »

Everyone should try this easy recipe, boil water and tea leaves of your choice but the tea should be a little not too much.let it be bluntly red tea after boiling, then sieve and pour in your favourite cup with a little pinch of saffron and a teaspoonful of rosemary water.You will love the taste and that sweet smell.
Harshitha Penugonda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-penugonda.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Harshitha Penugonda »

I like my tea with ginger, lemon and a dash of honey as rosemary is not that available in our region. It's the best combination to start your day. Lemongrass and ginger is also a recommended combination. I think whatever the combination you use, the ultimate goal is to have a refreshing beverage and a soothing feel.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

Wow! I think I need to do that any moment from now. I love tea, but here you can only see green tea, then add some milk to it and honey or sugar if you wish, but it's so tasty, you'll like the flavor.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Ika Apro »

We have many different tea types. My favourite is mint tea with lemon.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”