Thai Basil - what do I do with it?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Thai Basil - what do I do with it?

Post by Bigwig1973 »

So, I was super happy when I found some thai basil seeds because one dish at a restaurant in my hometown had loads of fresh thai basil in it. I have some plans on how to use this basil, both dried and fresh, but does anyone have any suggestions? Kind of a strange question, I know, but any ideas or tips would be appreciated!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

You can eat it raw or add it to salads. Pesto is always a great option. You can also add it to stews, chicken dishes, noodles, pasta dishes, curries. Whenever you feel that the dish needs some pungent freshness, Thai basil can be added.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

sayoniwrites wrote: You can eat it raw or add it to salads. Pesto is always a great option. You can also add it to stews, chicken dishes, noodles, pasta dishes, curries. Whenever you feel that the dish needs some pungent freshness, Thai basil can be added.
Thai basil pesto is a great idea! I think I'll not use olive oil though and change the spices a bit! Thanks for the idea!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”