Anyone else love reading cookbooks?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Beth Tagg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-tagg.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Anyone else love reading cookbooks?

Post by Beth Tagg »

Is it strange that I often find myself curled up on my couch reading one of my cookbooks? I love to browse until I fins something particularly tantilizing, and then scour it for interesting ingredients and different methods to coax flavors to their fullest potentials. I particularly love the cookbooks that feel more like a chef is tutoring me. They often have little hints an tips that enhance the recipe. What are some of your favorite cookbooks?
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green

Post by Ika Apro »

I don't really read them often, but I love scrolling through recipes and saving some of the good ones for the future.
Shiru Elizabeth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

Absolutely, I thoroughly enjoy reading cookbooks as they provide not only recipes but also a journey into different culinary cultures and techniques.
Sandra Smith 18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-smith-18.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Sea by Nina Purtee

Post by Sandra Smith 18 »

I, too, love flipping through the pages and reading cookbooks. I especially love the ones with great culinary photography which makes the recipes even more tantalizing.
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

I love flipping through cookbooks and finding ones that are place-specific to places I’ve traveled to bring a bit of them home with me. What are some of your favorite cookbooks? I usually use websites now but I find flipping through physical cookbooks to be comforting
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

When Im actually going to cook, I typically go for my moms old Joy of Cooking cookbook. Recipe cards and cookbooks are things that have been getting past down through families and my mom.gathered quite a collection herself. While I haven't used it, I enjoy looking at our Ben and Jerrys cookbook. But I prefer finding place specific ones like we have one from a NH church which gathered patrons' recipes and I love having the Amish cookbook as its in a binder and tells cultural things. That's one my mom bought as my dad has family who grew up around the community. I make bread and soup using recipes from that Amish cookbook frequently
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy
Bookshelf Size: 58
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

Not strange at all . I love going through my cook books even though the side effects are salivating and getting hungry shortly afterwards. I buy cook books as much as I collect my crime and thriller books. Surprisingly I also make time to teach myself how to make the recipes.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”