Steaming up sweet potatoes

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
SALIM RAJAB 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: 1400697484

Steaming up sweet potatoes

Post by SALIM RAJAB 1 »

Steaming up sweet potatoes is the best way to cook.this method preserves nutrients in the sweet potatoes not to be lost.and it tastes very sweet other than boiling in water.
Cyan McMillan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyan-mcmillan.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Cyan McMillan »

I first heard about steaming sweet potatoes rather than boiling them while watching Sugar Rush on Netflix last week. The team making them was making sweet potato frosting and claimed that steaming them brings out more flavor. Ironically, that team was the first to be eliminated that episode partially because their sweet potato frosting didn't have enough flavor, but that's a common error in Sugar Rush, so they probably just didn't steam enough of them. In any I cook sweet potatoes every now and then; I plan on steaming them next time I cook them to test that theory.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

Fried potato chips is a go for me I prefer it to any other make with potato.
Sandra Smith 18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-smith-18.html
Latest Review: Crossing Paths by Nina Purtee

Post by Sandra Smith 18 »

I love sweet potatoes and I use the steam method of cooking not only them but most other vegetables as well. I do believe steaming helps preserve nutrients. Love all the different colors of sweet potatoes--orange, purple, and even white!
Ishq594
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ishq594.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Ishq594 »

I have only ever air fried potatoes to enjoy them. Would love to try steaming them though.
EnclosedReviewer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enclosedreviewer.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by EnclosedReviewer »

I actually prefer baking sweet potatoes in the oven. It brings out their natural sweetness and gives them a delicious caramelized texture. Steaming is a healthier option, but the oven-roasted flavor and texture are more to my liking. It's a matter of personal preference!
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Hattie's World by Thomas Bauer

Post by Ika Apro »

Sweet potatoes are very distant to my culture. I have tried to make them once and miserably failed.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”