ISO Dictionaries Without Thumb Notches

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Pumpkin Lodge
Bookshelf Size: 0

ISO Dictionaries Without Thumb Notches

Post by Pumpkin Lodge »

Hello,

I am in search of certain dictionaries to use in my junk journaling. They need to be published before 1999, and have no thumb notches on the right hand side of the page - just a straight page like any other book. I am looking for three separate ones, an English dictionary, a French dictionary, and a Latin dictionary.

If you have any of the above at home, will you please tell me the name, the year published, and the ISBN number so I can purchase a copy.

Thank you for your help, I didn't know it was so difficult to find a dictionary with no thumb notches!
a1coder
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by a1coder »

I understand your specific requirements for dictionaries to use in your junk journaling project. However, as of my last knowledge update in September 2021, I do not have access to real-time data or the ability to check specific book editions, years of publication, or ISBN numbers. Therefore, I'm unable to provide you with the exact details of dictionaries that meet your criteria.

To find dictionaries published before 1999 without thumb notches, you might consider visiting local secondhand bookstores, antique shops, or online platforms that specialize in rare and vintage books. Websites like AbeBooks, eBay, and rare book dealers might have a collection of older dictionaries that match your needs. When searching, you can use terms like "vintage dictionary," and "antique dictionary," or specify the languages you're looking for (English, French, Latin).

When you find dictionaries that seem to meet your criteria, make sure to carefully examine photos or descriptions to confirm that they do not have thumb notches. If available, you can also contact the seller to inquire about specific features before making a purchase.
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

You should be able to find these type of books in charity shops or thrift stores. Or try advertising for them on Freecycle, Craigslist, Gumtree or other freead sheet.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”