What Would It Take To Make You Pick Up A Cookbook?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Re: What Would It Take To Make You Pick Up A Cookbook?

Post by Naval Aulakh »

There are many cook books which have very difficult recepies. I would prefer a cook book which has some unique and easy to make recepies which I can make in less time.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

There are so many ideas online, that buying a cookbook doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if I wanted to offer it as a gift to someone who isn't that passionate about technology.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Spontaneo
Favorite Book: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spontaneo.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Spontaneo »

The cookbook would have to contain either recipes for the crockpot (I am married to my crockpot) or for the microwave (I have occasional flings with the microwave).

Also, the cookbook should contain recipes following the Mediterranean diet or atleast some.

:)
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
Haifa_books
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 14666">Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man</a>
Currently Reading: The Power of Now
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Haifa_books »

Nothing ,sorry lol i don't like cooking or cookbooks
My sis has 3 and i can't just read it i like the picz only lol
otherwise i can't read them :)
Sayre
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B01D3NZIMA

Post by Sayre »

e-tasana-williams wrote:What catches me every time about a cookbook is the photography. Beautiful food photography is usually lacking in online recipes, unless they are part of a food blog. Even when photographs are included, they are of the transitory nature of internet content. A hard copy cookbook with lovely photos is like a collector's item to me.
A cookbook with beautiful pictues will always grab my attention. I love being able to attempt to make my food look as good as the pictures in the cookbook. I'll also buy any cookbook with something my husand wants to try. He's picky and if he likes something I'm all in to try it out.
kmcpartland
Currently Reading: The Da Vinci Code
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmcpartland.html
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens

Post by kmcpartland »

To pick up the cookbook I would want an eye catching cover or one that had an old dust jacket that looked like it held a ton of delicious secrets. From there what I look for are great pictures of the food, a minimal level of expertise required (if I follow the directions I should be able to cook a quality item), allowances for people that don't have all the fancy gadgets, and short blurbs about the history of the recipe/culture/family tradition.
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens
JustEthel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JustEthel »

When I crave for something, I tend to experiment. And that's when I pick a cook book. Probably the first time you try to cook a certain recipe, it wouldn't be the same result as the book instructed. But practice makes perfect right?
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

Just place one right in front of me with a delicious looking dish on the cover and I will probably open it up to look for a fantastic recipe.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

Basically, just put it in front of me. I'll look through any cookbook I see.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Great, holistic recipes, nice layout (pictures, simple to understand), and affordable price (8-15 dollars). I love having a physical copy of recipes even though I can look them up online.
Kakashi2020

Post by Kakashi2020 »

When I pickup a cookbook I always choose one which has a good and appealing Cover and Introduction, Size also matters since I like reading cookbooks with a lot of pictures in it. The thickness of the cover and it's pages is another consideration, the thicker the better. And lastly, the most important thing is the Content, it should be visually appealing, has easy to follow cooking procedures,
offers substitute ingredients and a brief history of the dish as an introduction that will tickle my palate.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Having a cook book is so convenient. Easy to read. Any moment you can have it without worrying of the low batt. The pictures is clear and most often the content is clear.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
kazira antonnette
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by kazira antonnette »

the only thing that will make me pick up a cookbook is when i want to prepare a meal and have no idea how to go about it.i admit using the intetnet is easy to find quick reciept but i prefer a cookbook because i just feel like going to the internet from time to time for me to cook is not cool at all.
lettyelmer

Post by lettyelmer »

i love cooking. i tried some the new reipes that i read in the nternet
and cookbooks. i love vegetables dishes :cooking: :cooking: :cooking: :techie-reference:
Gamermomt4

Post by Gamermomt4 »

I think that it had to be a necessity to someone's needs. Health reasons, kids, easy and fast are just some topics I would be willing to pay for a cook book, but it would probably have to be exactly what I needed.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”