What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Re: What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Big aspirational plans to serve Baked Potato Bar tonight! My girls love this one - I roast up some russet potatoes, brown a pound of ground beef, and serve it with all the delicious toppings including bacon, sour cream and cheese. I'm tempted to plant a chives plant.
Nick Creighton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nick Creighton »

Dana Lawrence Lohn wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 11:42 Big aspirational plans to serve Baked Potato Bar tonight! My girls love this one - I roast up some russet potatoes, brown a pound of ground beef, and serve it with all the delicious toppings including bacon, sour cream and cheese. I'm tempted to plant a chives plant.
This sounds delishous! My daughter wants to cook this potatoe recipe she flound on tiktok and it sounds just like yours! I hope it taste as good as it sounds!
Dana Lawrence Lohn

OK I had big aspirations today of making cookies and bringing some to the office tomorrow (that’s my birthday) but Whole Foods Market in NJ had blondie brownies for 28% off for Amazon Prime members, and they look way better than anything I could mix up in my own oven. So, store-bought goodies for my favorite people tomorrow.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

I haven't been feeling the greatest lately and I am seriously missing my time in the kitchen. Won't be making anything yoday, but in the next week I will be making my home made potato soup for sure! Hopefully I'll be able to hide some from my fiancé so I can freeze a bit for a later time! I'm also planning on cooking in bulk the next month or two so we can be stocked up for a while. I'll be making my special chicken burgers, risotto, pizza, and hopefully some perogis if I can find a gluten free recipe that's good enough.
Maileyrom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maileyrom.html
Latest Review: The Shot Not Heard Around the World by Charlie damitz

Post by Maileyrom »

I baked apple and date cake yesterday. It tastes delicious. Sometimes I do a version with pear and sultanas. I would like to make some cookies soon, with different types of chocolate. I just need to burn out this cake first.
"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself" George Bernard Shaw
Dana Lawrence Lohn

Awake right now devising my chicken & dumplings recipe for tomorrow, which involves a crock pot, chicken thighs, stock, celery, carrots, biscuits in a tube and however many spices I can surface from my cabinets. Here goes! Happy Sunday-in-advance!
Seth Madugu James
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seth-madugu-james.html
Latest Review: God is good by Margaret liu collins

Post by Seth Madugu James »

Today was a gorgeous day exercising my cooking skills in the kitchen. I made palm oil rice, mixed with a full put of little cuts of pepper meat then I served with salad and orange juice.
Dana Lawrence Lohn

Miriam Ratemo wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 04:59 I haven't been feeling the greatest lately and I am seriously missing my time in the kitchen. Won't be making anything yoday, but in the next week I will be making my home made potato soup for sure! Hopefully I'll be able to hide some from my fiancé so I can freeze a bit for a later time! I'm also planning on cooking in bulk the next month or two so we can be stocked up for a while. I'll be making my special chicken burgers, risotto, pizza, and hopefully some perogis if I can find a gluten free recipe that's good enough.
Aww! @Miriam Ratemo, hope you are feeling better! How did the homemade potato soup turn out? I made chicken and dumpling soup last night and my daughters and husband ate a lot of it. I have just enough left for breakfast today. Tonight will be applewood-smoked turkey and mashed potatoes.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”