What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Re: What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

DanaLohn wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 19:29
Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 09:32 I was by myself at lunch and I cooked gricia. It is pasta similar to carbonara but without eggs. It is typical Roman :)
This is an awesome thread. @Cristiano Bellucci - I am googling gricia, carbonara is delicious as is virtually all Roman food I have ever tried!

I made chicken cutlets in crock pot with cream of chicken soup, French onion soup mix and a little milk, and added mashed potatoes and broccoli carrot slaw. Kid friendly food!
I am glad you like the Roman food, Dana :) Gricia is a bit lighter than carbonara. Hmmm your chicken seems lovely. I always happy to have ideas for kids :)
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Penn Leigh
Favorite Book: The Alone Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Penn Leigh »

Crunchy Chicken Tacos with Charro Beans and Salad
I made extra fajita chicken and am going to use it in some chicken and beans enchiladas to freeze as a thaw and bake option for next week...
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: Shades of Rust and Ruin
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 03:01
Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 09:32 I was by myself at lunch and I cooked gricia. It is pasta similar to carbonara but without eggs. It is typical Roman :)
This is an awesome thread. @Cristiano Bellucci - I am googling gricia, carbonara is delicious as is virtually all Roman food I have ever tried!

I made chicken cutlets in crock pot with cream of chicken soup, French onion soup mix and a little milk, and added mashed potatoes and broccoli carrot slaw. Kid friendly food!
I am glad you like the Roman food, Dana :) Gricia is a bit lighter than carbonara. Hmmm your chicken seems lovely. I always happy to have ideas for kids :)
Kids are so cute to cook for - tonight I made bagel bites (they love), ham and provolone mini-sandwiches (inspired by Jersey Mike’s, a chain here) and steamed broccoli (they know the deal: if they want dessert they have to at least pretend to try on a vegetable in a way that convinces their mother) :)
Has parenthood really ever changed?

I’m about to have a glass of white wine, can I include that in my cooking/baking recounting? :)
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

DanaLohn wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 21:25
Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 03:01

Kids are so cute to cook for - tonight I made bagel bites (they love), ham and provolone mini-sandwiches (inspired by Jersey Mike’s, a chain here) and steamed broccoli (they know the deal: if they want dessert they have to at least pretend to try on a vegetable in a way that convinces their mother) :)
Has parenthood really ever changed?

I’m about to have a glass of white wine, can I include that in my cooking/baking recounting? :)
ehehe I agree. I try with colourful plates and variety of food. It is always a challenge to make the kids eat. Eventually what works is you eat this and you will have your chocolate...
You deserve a good glass of wine to enjoy your evening :)
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Anshuman Tripathy
Currently Reading: Sock Lobsters
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Anshuman Tripathy »

Today was my dad's birthday so me and my mom baked him a cake. It was quite fun!
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I made my favorite dish which is spaghetti and meatballs. I enjoyed it very much. Delicious
ogulcan uzuncan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ogulcan uzuncan »

mushrooms with french omelette . best breakfast
wedwilson
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 2460
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by wedwilson »

I'm cooking with white rice
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

Nothing fancy...but I made a meatloaf and spaghetti and green beans. As usual, my family enjoyed it.
Elizabeth Jegede
Currently Reading: "Dumb" Orphans
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Elizabeth Jegede »

Yam and egg
Joy Habuya
Currently Reading: The Maidens
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-habuya.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 105%

Post by Joy Habuya »

I just made (and devoured :D) some fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and coffee. I've been trying to make the perfect fluffy pancakes but they never turn out as fluffy as I imagine. Turns out the trick is in whipping the egg whites till they're extra frothy and I can't believe how great they turned out! Might take a picture next time, brag a little 8)
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: Shades of Rust and Ruin
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

All about the assorted meat plate tonight. Ribs, pulled chicken with BBQ sauce and maybe some extra brisket. I need to remember to put rice on to cook as soon as I get home!
Shaheera Khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaheera-khan.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Shaheera Khan »

Asian can't get sick of cooking rice 365 days!
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I'm supposed to cook today? Actually, I do need to do that, if we're going to eat tonight. Chicken Meatballs with Pasta and salad.
Ashley Price 3
Favorite Book: Home Body
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-price-3.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Ashley Price 3 »

I have made homemade ramen with a spicy sauce for my dinner!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”