Nutritious breakfasts for fitness beginners

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Ajagumichael4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Nutritious breakfasts for fitness beginners

Post by Ajagumichael4 »

breakfast gives energy
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Whole wheat toast with avocado slices and fresh fruit. Or an egg white veggie omelet.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

Protein shakes with almond milk. Or smoothie bowls with fresh fruit . Just keep it simple because you need that time and concentration to diligently work out.
kittencankarnie227

Post by kittencankarnie227 »

Two pieces of whole wheat toast with half an avacado on each and a scrambled egg, and to top them off, sprinkle of salt and pepper, yummy! Or small chia pudding mixed with a bit of honey and vanilla topped with fresh fruit😋
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

You could make little egg cups in cupcake tins with mushrooms or spinach or whatever you want in them. You can make them ahead so you have a quick easy breakfast in the morning.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

I usually prepare balance meal with natural fruit juice to cleanse my stomach.
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Post by mmm17 »

I love overnight oats. I prep the myself - berries, greek yogurt and oats in a mason jar in the fridge at night. The next morning it is perfect and ready to be eaten before my workout session.
Toymax22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Toymax22 »

I can't do without breakfast
Doris Hudson

Post by Doris Hudson »

Two ripe bananas and a glass of water.
chiadeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiadeer.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by chiadeer »

I like cooked oat bran, only takes 2 minutes, or high fiber multi grain cooked cereal. I add dried fruit (usually dates) and Walnuts and splash of homemade cashew milk. No extra sweetener. The dates are just enough. The fiber keeps me satisfied for a long time.
Lungz_
Favorite Book: 50 Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lungz.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Lungz_ »

Umeteoz Enokoh wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 20:21 People from other parts of the world especially Africa may look at it from a different point. They will prefer something that will keep them going the whole day because once they get out in the morning, coming back home may only be about 6p.m on the evening so then nutritious breakfast in this case will be------- a full plate of pap a dish made From corn flower , poff-pof all with high contain of sugar to energy the whole day till next meal come up. Fitness in this case means what will carry u thro' the day. It implies to all members of the family.
I agree with you. This will forever be a version of a healthy breakfast especially amongst men.
Lungz_
Favorite Book: 50 Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lungz.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Lungz_ »

kittencankarnie227 wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 01:48 Two pieces of whole wheat toast with half an avacado on each and a scrambled egg, and to top them off, sprinkle of salt and pepper, yummy! Or small chia pudding mixed with a bit of honey and vanilla topped with fresh fruit😋
I love avocado! What a yummy take!
CharlizeGwapa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlizegwapa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CharlizeGwapa »

Apple juice, two to three pieces of french toast breads, mayonnaise and vegetable salad.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

As lame as this may sound probably the best breakfast you can eat is just plain oatmeal.

Oatmeal fills you up to the point that you are not hungry in the least till mid afternoon. Also it is very nutritious and stoked with fiber.

It's not the most delicious food however, in fact it tastes like wet bits of cardboard, but on the positive side, in addition to its nutritional value and hunger satisfying virtues it is very, very economical. You get used to the blandness of the taste after awhile. PLAIN - no butter, no syrup, no sugar on top.

I would suggest a half cup of oatmeal, one egg (for protein), and maybe a bit of fruit like an apple (also, very good for you), orange or fruit juice for a very healthy breakfast.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Cynthiana01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Cynthiana01 »

Greentea, boiled egg and wheat bread stands out for me. Looking forward to trying out the writers recipes

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”